ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top dash off - how hard (Mk2 Ph1)

How hard is it to take off top part of dashboard to install new tweeters?

[Edited by Roamer on 07 October 2004 at 4:27pm]

Well, on a mk2ph2 its as easy as 11 screws, A pillar covers off, pull and lift the top dash, must be about the same with the mk2ph1 at a guess

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 07 October 2004

roamer! get ure bum over mine at the weekend then lol
But what about the top dash?

As Roamer says its easy on a Mk2, I told its a couple more screws on the phase you have but not too difficult, just dont cut the grills as you have to buy a complete new top dash as renault wont supply then seperately!

Does the ph1 top dash have grilles where the tweaters are fitted? does it have tweeters under the top dash at all?

it has tweeters in same place as mk 2 BUT the "grills" are moulded as part of the dash! so ill prob just dissconect the b******s and put new ones top of windscreen sum where

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I did mine the other day...dash comes off easy but tweeters are a pain to fit especially if you use the standard housings off the old ones!

PM me if you need a hand.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i have done both, Mk1 is easier as you dont have to fiddle with the trim plates and its comes off easier than the MK2. Quite easy, just loads of screws all over the place (quite obvious), need to remove A pillars and all of the plastic surround around the steering wheel, then pull the dash forward and off.

Trophy Turbo :)

mk1 =

Remove both Side Pillars.

Open each door and ull see a screw either side (remove)

In the Windscreen Vent there are 3 screws one ach end and one in the middle (remove)

The Steering wheel Cover needs removed (three screws under neeth) Remove

One removed you will see two screws under the speedo Remove

Pull dash board off;-) it will take 10 Minutes 5 when you know how to do it

Andy

E87 118i

oh, god, sounds like a nightmare, for me at least, will cross that bridge when I get there.

its a mk 2 ph1, is that wot u mean?

and hwo the bloody hell am i gonna undo the screw by the windscreen? the windscreen not get in the way?

[Edited by h3lter on 08 October 2004 at 12:56pm]

Trophy Turbo :)

yer well the description i give u is from a W reg Clio 172 and was the same on my mams 1.2 S reg clio.

he screws on the window u need to use a very small torques driver (i mean the shaft) or get a special bendy tool that enables u to get in.

Andy

How do I know what phase mine is, sorry if that sounds really stupid!!! I have a Dec 2001 clio 172, so I know it is a mk2, but what phase? Does the dash come off differently to what has been described above if it is a different phase as I will have to be doing it in a few weeks.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I thought there was a guide on how to do this in the members section?

cant check myself as Im at work and the cliosport homepage is blocked by the firewall.

i couldnt be arsed! i fitted new tweeters into door and kept origionals where they are! looks and sounds the dogs!