ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Mount

Clio 1.4 16V
I have noticed that my Drivers Side top mount is loose. Tightened it by hand as didnt have the correct Spanner, it tightened but didnt look like it screwed down on the bolt as no more thread shown, I have noticed again it is loose, will borrow a spanner to do it correctly, but could this be related to clicking sound i hear when turning the steering wheel and squeeking?

Thanks

Matt

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mines squeaking it's chebs off. Little loose too. Get em replaced. Oh, and good to see another Rovers fan on here!!!! First one I've seen in 6 years on here!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
top mount kit is the upper cup, lower cup, nut and the bearing usually i think. best getting genuine ones cos the bearings are gash on the replicas. ask t21ads on here. bout 40 a side. you're better off doing them in pairs but its not a must.

whole strut will have to come out to fit em yeah. and i believe all clios use the same mount, no diff between sport and base models.

Clio 1.4 16V
Cheers dude, il get on to him. Moneys tight and passenger seems solid so one side atm unfortunately. Thanks again

Clio 1.4 16V
Just been outside and noticed the drivers mount doesnt turn with the steering, is this the bearing that has gone?