ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top speed in your valver!!!!

Clio 1.8 16v

hehe got 140 out of mine last night and that was @ 6500 revs n the limiter is set at 7800 hmmm sum more to get out of it me thinks!!my mate has had 147 out of his valver and that was on the limiter @7000.

just wounderin what u guys had out of yours?

oh and pbv do work mine used to find it hard gettin to 110 now i have a pbv it gets to 140 easy.

andy

The gearing on the valver in 5th is 20mph/1000revs, so both those figures dont sound right!

Whys the limiter set to 7.8K, what mods you got? & does the PBV really make that much difference? Am looking to get one for mine soon.

Ive only hit 130mph in mine cos I keep running out of road, but think it could hit about 135ish.

Bumder With A Buffer

f**king hell! I think the most ive had outa mine is (dont laugh) 115!!! but i thats coz theres to much police presence near me and also coz i got some kind of tracking or warped disc problem and it shakes like a f**ker at 115!

Clio 1.8 16v

i have had it chipped induction kit,full exhaust(de-cat)lowered n pbv,yeah the pbv deffo makes it get to the top end faster well it has done on my car think it might of been starvin it self with fuel at the top end or had a flat spot but the pbv seems to of sorted that out,it dont seem quicker but does help it get that top end speed when u r in gears longer:)i have had mine hittin the limiter on the spot in 5th gear but that was when my diff broke but the speedo still worked hehe good hey!!i think my car is quicker than adis at the top end whats the top speed on then 2ltrs?coz the limiter is at about 6500 i think.

andy

clio 20v

standard 2l is set too 6500 mines chipped so 6900

does 140mph thats on the limiter in fifth, if i had a willy box should see 150

adi

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

I dont understand this.

When my valver was in 1 piece i took it down the carriageway at 2am & tried maxing it out. Got to just under *30 in 4th gear, then changed to 5th and it wouldnt go above *30????

Im on 17s dunno if that makes a difference?

Iv had 135 4 up and still pulling then run outta road got it on video to, mine limits at 7600 rpm which will be at about 145 ish. it will do it just gotta find the road. :devilish:

i had mine on the limiter in 5th a few weeks back coming up from a mates in derby, i had 139mph on 17" wheels. then 2 of my mates steamed past me on their motorbikes, lol

I dont think the sorts of mods were talking about make any difference to top speed. Ive also had my Phase2 original 15" wheels back on the car for a year now after big wheels and I cant detect any difference in top speed.

On the flat, Ive had it indicate about 135mph, which is about right considering the Valver was meant to do 130mph and speedos always over-read especially at those sorts of speeds. But I was very surprised to get an indicate 145mph (never, ever done that before!) on a deserted downhill stretch of Mway a few months back in the company of Smoothed Clios Valver (which has 17s on).

Clio 1.8 16v

well i think i could give u a run for ya money adi lol.i had it off the clock when my diff blew up coz it was not sending power to the wheels there4 the speedo shot up even in 5th gear went up as fast as 1st:eek:

you want to take a trip onto the a14 in northants in the early hours of the morning

no speed cameras between junctions 0-8 (about 25 miles)

shade over 130 on my tod, a little less with company in car, the best stretch I have where I stay (Scottish Isle) is no more than 2 miles long so always run out of road, roads up here are all b roads, no carraigeways or motorways at all

I got mine on 145 MPH (233 km/h) and that was around 7100 rpm.

I ran out of road, but I think I can reach the limiter in fifth which is at 7250 rpm.

When I still had my 1.8 in i had reached a top speed of 141 MPH (228 km/h), so wasnt too bad either.

what time do you lot go out and do these speeds ?

cos ive been to *15 on the dial in my totallly standard 16v,

i was going to push it more but i shat myself !

(i prefer being a passenger doing these type of speeds and not driving it)

BMW 535D

mines got superchip, de-cat, full magnex, and piperx, on 17s and i can take it to about 122mph in 4th then when i change upto 5th it goes flat, i reckon i cud pull it to 130 or over if i kept me foot down long enough tho