ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top speed run

320d M Sport

thats mint, mine wont do 120 in 4th, bastid! :mad:

watch and learn all u doubters.................... and to all the nobs, lets not start a row!

poo poo...another saxo ;)

like the thumb positions, very rally driver!

also, are you using the limiter to swap cogs, the VTS box that good?

My cousins VTR use to get to 130+mph;) God know what the actual speed was but it was fast! Needed a few up and down rolling hill type roads to get there but it managed it. I managed 140+mph in my XR2 but that involveld one very steep hill!:devilish:

mk2 172

lol yeah ben, its a semi auto activated by the limiter, link is gone paddy dude, things have got that gay now that people moan at everthing cos its a saxo, just cant be bothered for another gay argument to flair up so i deleted it.

laters

Clio Dci

nice one craggy

thought your green ik would sound louder than that or is it just the vid.

what was the green flashing arrows on the dash, my cup doesnt have them. must be more renault weight saving

ive missed this completely but at the beginning you say Paddy "mine wont do 120 in 4th"

two questions

1. What car do you have.. is it a 172 ( or is Reno Sport u Mutha a new one i havent heard of ? :D)

2. What was Craggys car doing then in what gear....? I just wondered...

Im not going to go into one about whats faster than what.. just wondered what i had missed !

cheers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, I just watched it and it revs similar to my old 106 GTi....

Mine was about 130mph @ 6500rpm and about 140mph @ 7000rpm, same as Craggys VTS on the video, but the rev limiter looks to be set slightly higher because mine cut in at about 115mph in 4th gear.

Still amazes me how quick they are for a 1.6 litre! ;)

Lmao - its funny how when Craggy deleted his post it left the thread! Make Paddy look like hes lost the plot!;)

I just watched the clip again and it fairly gets to the top! Maybe it feels longer when your driving but it appears quite quick to me.

he he he.......

that is impressive then on craggys part.. (well his car not him or that WOULD be impressive !!!!)

mine definitely does an indicated 120 possibly a bit more in 4th before the little green light comes on at me :D

and i have to bow out to craggy then in 5th as ive not done 130 - 140 very often in the clio.... mainly due to the alarming rate at which the fuel guage drops.....so im not sure what revs = what

and the fact i am a pussy :oops:

ok im confused!, sorry im new incase you have never seen my name b4, probably the only girl on here but hey!..... just wondering? ive got a clio sport 172 ( 3 months old 03 plate) and i can only get 110 in 4th?? is it because its new??? or do i need to get more bottle with the accelerator!!!!! hehe

kes, I think the gearing is different on a mk1, and mk2s without the limiter raised do 111 in 4th - so keep trying cos your nearly there..;)

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 04 June 2003

thats mint, mine wont do 120 in 4th, bastid! :mad:

watch and learn all u doubters.................... and to all the nobs, lets not start a row!
Paddy,

Iam sure mine does that with ease!! Ill have to run a test at the weekend on the private airstrip

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Gearing is different one mk1s & mk2s but you can bet that some of the earlier mk2s and/or imports "could" have the longer ratios like the mk1 does...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

so could you loose out by having to have a mk:2 gearbox if yours goes bang.also how avaliable are mk:1s to get hold of to put in a mk:2..???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Youre better off with the shorter ratio box that the mk2 & Cup have, as the gearing on the mk1 is too long IMO

2012 WRX Waggon

yea, but it bleedin makes up for it in fifth Jon!!!!!

Speaks from experience after trying to keep up with Jon at 142 and watching him pull away (test track of course).

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

What will a mk2 172 or Cup do in each gear then?!

Can someone work it out using the ratios and max rpm per gear please?!

Mine (according to the maths) are >>>

306 Rallye

1st - 42mph
2nd - 67mph
3rd - 88mph
4th - 108mph
5th - 131mph
6th - 156mph

(all @ 7250rpm)

Wanna know what the Cup/Mk2 is like in comparison for if/when I get mine...

;)

320d M Sport

hmm, jons wont do much higher than that! He always hits the limiter at about that speed! Proper funny when his car just dies!