ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque Android app / Fault Code Reader / Throttle Position

A.N. Other
Have been using a bluetooth ELM 327 OBD2 reader, and Torque android software on my phone to check for fault codes.
No codes are reported, but...

I noticed that the maximum "Throttle Position" value it reports is approx. 75%, regardless of engine temperature - even with pedal fully depressed and speed building. Have tried in 1st - 3rd gear.

Anyone else had this or have any ideas? I will borrow a friend's code reader to see if it's mine that's duff.
How does this work on the Clio, is there a pot. on the pedal box and/or something in the engine bay?

Last edited:
  E46 M3
Mines the same (at about 69%) its just a calibration thing, dont worry about it. I'm sure you'd notice if you were only opening to 75%

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will be to do with how the Software/ELM interface reads and interpruts the data stream... this is why they say the software is not for commercial use but its proberbly handy to have.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thats because a Focus, obviously, isnt a Clio.

The way all vehicles send information around the internal networks is very different even when you say compare an '03 Ford Focus to an '06 Mondeo. Software updates, network and infrastructure design mean that these generic bits of kit are generally okay but they should be used baring in mind that the data they outout may be strong on one model but weak on another.