ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tough coat

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
My GW 197 has been a bit negated lately so going to give it a a bit of love in the next few weeks. Looking around I see this tough coat is rated on light colour finishes.

Im not as massively anal as some on here. To decontaminate, I would usually wash, rinse, tardis, rinse, iron x, rinse, clay, then quick wash again followed by a good rinse and dry. Then I'd normally SRP to clean up, then a few layers of wax of what ever I'm rocking....

would AF tough coat be applied after my SRP stage? I see its best layered? Couple of coats suffice?

the above process sound about right?

Any thoughts or pointers please :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Toughcoat is pretty un-fussy about what it goes over, will be fine over SRP.

Your routine sounds fine. Couple of coats a few hours between, or once a month provided it still comes up clean after a wash

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That'll do, I've got loads of SRP so ill crack on with that.

How long am I looking at the 250 ml lasting??

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ages, first panel requires 2sprays onto a foam app to coat a panel, after that only 1 spray on the applicator per panel apart from the bonnet or roof.

couple of layers, hen an additional layer per month will see it last ages still

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I used tough coat for the first time last weekend, and was really surprised at how very little I had used. Really impressed with it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As much as Tough Coat is great my new favourite product has to be Gtechniq C2V3. So cheap. So easy to use and literally throws water off the car dirty or not.

Tough Coat is more a simple spray sealant hence there being 5 different versions of it.

This new C2 is impressing so much because it can be used over anything also. It seems to have moved the game on slightly now.

Nano sheeting with no bonding issues is what everyone wants. I've literally just bought another 500ml. You can get like 250ml for £6 or something.

I know products go through fads etc but genuinely this is an impressive product.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
But the finish is quite different between the two IMO. GT IS very clear and crisp, whereas toughcoat will give a warming glow as that of a wax. Colour of car dictates my choice between C1.5 and TC at the moment. Once the C1.5 is finished ill get C2v3 and compare.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You really must Dave. I hardly think the Trophy was lacking glow here...

sybybase.jpg

But the finish is quite different between the two IMO. GT IS very clear and crisp, whereas toughcoat will give a warming glow as that of a wax. Colour of car dictates my choice between C1.5 and TC at the moment. Once the C1.5 is finished ill get C2v3 and compare.

I agree with that totally, TC changes the finish more than C2v3 imo, but C2v3 is what I would use on plastics, wheels and rubber.

Honda & VW
Well now I'm in even more of a dilemma as to what product to purchase....

After trailing Reload I was almost decided I'd get a bottle, however I've been contemplating trailing TC also. Now C2v3 has been added to the equation. After having recently placed a fair size order for bits and pieces i can't justify splashing out on several more, especially as our first baby is due anytime now.

Or, I try and find the time to do a neighbours A5 which will then pay for all 3. Hmm, just need to locate some time....

Fiesta ST200
Got a 500ml bottle of this thats pretty much full. Might try the Tripple + Tough Coat combo today.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's not a quick detailer, but provided the cars still coming up perfectly clean after a wash you can simply add another layer of protection as its as easy to use as a quick detailer.

C2, any version, is the same as above really. Can be used as a quick detailer if you dilute it down