ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tough Phones?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Our builder at work needs a new tough phone for on site (he goes through phones like toilet roll atm), and it's not something I've ever looked too much into.

A quick search reveals the samsung solid extreme is currently on the market, which looks alright, just wondering about any other alternatives?

Also, on another note, a reccomendation for a normal phone which isn't massively complicated but has a nice camera, i.e 5meg+.

Cheers

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
brick_phone.gif

Hyundai i40
my ex had one of them bouce proof water proof one - not sure if they are still made but u should get one cheap off ebay

His problem was getting dust under the keys

this lasted him ages and had a samsung all singing all dancing one for weekend and nights

Mini Cooper S
I used to love my old Nokia 5210 (older model to the 5140i), that thing used to bounce whenever it was dropped - as hard as nails!!

ITB'd MK1
Not strictly a "tough phone" but the nokia 6300 is very rugged. I'm a phone killer, and i only managed to break my first 6300 by running it over with a scenic......and it still recieved calls. 2nd one has had 18 months of careless use and still works just fine

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Danny, carphonewarehouse = useless (not that I didn't know that already)

Every single phone contact seems to have gone up in price, no good deals about atm, sack :(

Mini Cooper S
Why are you sorting him out a contract?

Like you say, every Samsung myself or my friend have owned have always taken a good bashing.

2.2 bar shed.
Cheap - Nokia 5140i:

nokia-5140i-00.jpg

Had that phone for 2 years, got an iPhone and I still miss it tbh. Whatever happened it just wouldn't die, took it out on the piss and never managed to do a thing to it. Already broken my iPhone twice and ive only had it for a year :/