ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tow Eye

Si

RS Clio 172
Right gents, been on to a few places today regarding getting batch of these made up. Here's the deal.

I can get you a fully stainless steel tow eye of similar design to the one on the first page for £20. P&P is roughly £3, that's first class recorded delivery. This makes them £23 each delivered.

I've listened to a few pointers too.... the ring will be slightly smaller to improve the fit and the thread will be slightly longer like the original Renault tow eye.

Interested?

Put your name on the list...

etc....

Thanks,

Si

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Right gents, been on to a few places today regarding getting batch of these made up. Here's the deal.

I can get you a fully stainless steel tow eye of similar design to the one on the first page for £20. P&P is roughly £3, that's first class recorded delivery. This makes them £23 each delivered.

I've listened to a few pointers too.... the ring will be slightly smaller to improve the fit and the thread will be slightly longer like the original Renault tow eye.

Interested?

Put your name on the list...

1. Andy (Clio-Coby)

etc....

Thanks,

Si

Si

RS Clio 172
when would these be made up for? i.e when would you need the dollar

No rush mate. I need to confirm there is enough interest in them at this price, then i'll get a batch made to cover how ever many people are on the list. once they're made i'll ask for payment and they'll be sent out then :)

I want to get an idea of numbers so I don't order too few or too many.

Si

RS Clio 172
cheers bud :)

I've wanted one for myself for ages but always miss the genuine ones for sale. thought i'd knock up a copy. lol.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
great work buddy. couple of quick questions though. when you mention that there a little longer, how much are we talkin? and also is there an option to have them painted at all?

cheers buddy

Si

RS Clio 172
great work buddy. couple of quick questions though. when you mention that there a little longer, how much are we talkin? and also is there an option to have them painted at all?

cheers buddy

only the thread will be longer. only to help them match up to the original renault design and improve their strenght. this wont affect how they sit on the bumper.

colour is up to you guys i'm affraid... whip em down to your local powder coating place.

Si

RS Clio 172
That it will carry an egg over bumpy ground? :rolleyes:

Tested to see if it will actually pull the car you clown! lol..

Sorry. I was thinking more technically minded than you were.

We've been talking about testing in the other thread. Currently looking at getting some analysis done on the design.

No matter how much testing I do though I will not be able to guarantee these.

Up rocks
It's a rat look thing. They have em in motorsport aswell.

Its not a rat look thing, its for track use, it enables marshalls to quickly locate and attach to your tow eye to get you off the track as quickly as possible so as to not waste other peoples track time.