ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toxic fume warning light

This came on the otherday in my car. My car now sounds like a tractor and keeps stalling, its bad enougth to stop me driving it.

Im told that this is probably an exhaust related problem. Im trying to avoid taking it to renault. I cant get under the car properly to have a look. Anyone any ideas what might have caused this or can be more specific than "its an exhaust" problem. It smells smoky too

I had the same light come up on my v6 when I took the cat off, isnt it called the engine management warning light?

Renault Laguna Sports

If that light comes on and it sounds like a tractor youve probably got a misfire. Take it to your dealer and they will stick on their diag. equipment. It is the on board diagnostic light or obd light.

320d M Sport

its not that, check my post on the mechanical forum, ive got EXACTLY the same thing........

your car is misfiring mate.........

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Black Fox on 19 September 2003

If that light comes on and it sounds like a tractor youve probably got a misfire. Take it to your dealer and they will stick on their diag. equipment. It is the on board diagnostic light or obd light.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 01 October 2003

its not that, check my post on the mechanical forum, ive got EXACTLY the same thing........

your car is misfiring mate.........

:confused: