ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxes, do you find they wear quick

H22A7 Accord Type R

ive had mine on for a few thou...........mine are wearing ok, but i dont drive it hard too often. Have heard that they wear quickly tho!!! Rob

Thats because you let ALL your power go at once! Im afraid 6000 is average for a performance tyre when driven hard.

Ive heard theyre quite soft - be interesting to see how long they last on the RS, when it actually moves out of the garage... (assuming of course that mytyres.net come up trumps and deliver the bleedin things!)

i had toya proxys on mine the fronts lasted about 4000 miles the rears not to much longer! wasnt to impressed with the ammount of time they lasted! nice grip on them though would say better than yokos

Jon

They arent too bad if driven nicely. Mates Tuscan S has done 4500 miles and tyre wear is next to nothing. Less wheel spinning, understeering and hard breaking and they will last a lot longer.

Im gonna try Michelin Pilot Sport next, i drive hard all the time so a medium compound would be a good compromise between grip and life.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Mine are lasting a LOT longer than the S-02s I had on there before...

Mine are lasting OK so far but I have noticed on 0-60s leaving the occasional black trail of rubber - my michalens didnt:)

yh for grip ,new there sh*t hot but i found there farrrrrrr too soft esp with enthusiastic driving

if you have money then there good for dry and wet but i found for wear my yoko a539 to be really good for wear rate. real hard compund tire prob why theyre not excellent in the rain but in dry there quite good

BMW 320d Sport

I wasnt that impressed with them once they had a few thousand miles on them. Brand new they were a good tyre, but with a bit of wear on them the wet weather performance was frightening, unlike my old Goodyear Eagles. Then I went back to Eagles and theyre just as good as I remembered. The Toyos definitely wore very quickly I thought

Yeah I have toyos on mine and have killed the fronts in about 3months.

They do seem to be softer than most. I still rate the Eagle F1 as my best tyre. awesome in the wet aswell :)

Si

Mine are the other way round, getting better as they turn into slicks hehe!!

Yeah mine are nearly gone too. Only had them on for 6 months (dunno about mileage). Sourced a new pair for £70.99 each though so going to get them in months time

Very good tire though

Only just got mine fitted - paid £114 for the set, so if they last me 6000 miles, i guess i cant complain.

So far im happy with them tho

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mine have done 4,000 miles and still look perfect.

It must be the way they are driven - some of you guys possibly drive like Jeremy Clarkson and Tiff Needel so your tyres are bound to wear out much quicker! Possibly the grippier tyres wear out quicker than the slidy ones (Contis were slidy for me) maybe the compound is softer on the Toyos.

Personally I would prefer tyres that gripped the road better and did a few less miles, than ones which last longer but arent very grippy.

Clio Sport 172

yer i had my toyo proxies like 3 months n they were way off legel limit i dont drive mad in mi 1.4 although u cant really i spose but i do have it wen i can i think its got sumthing to do with the width of mi weels though there only 195/45/15

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 17 June 2003

Only just got mine fitted - paid £114 for the set, so if they last me 6000 miles, i guess i cant complain.

So far im happy with them tho
Where did you get them for that kind of money?

GRRRRRR! mytyres!! :angryangryangry:

Had an email today advising me that my order will have to be cancelled as the tyres/rims are unavailable, or some b****cks like that. :mad: Strange, as its only been 3 weeks, not the 40 days that they say orders stay on their books for... Words tomorrow, I can tell you... :mad: