ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxes T1-S

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Thinking of getting some for the Cup. Onto my third set of Contis and they dont seem to wear well as Im doing lost of long distance motorway driving.

Anyone with a Cup running these Toyos, your thoughts?

Cant really push to Eagle F1s. At the moment on http://www.mytyres.co.ukwww.mytyres.co.uk they are roughly twice the price of the Toyos.

BTW, I wont be using them on a track day or anything. Just need some reliable new fronts.

Si.

Theyre good in the dry, but sh*te in the wet mate...

Gonna get me some F1s next time, think theyll be worth the extra quids.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Bugger, I need quality in the wet. Contis are sh*te in the wet.... so nervous.

Any alternates?

goodyear nct5s are a tad cheaper that the f1s but still a shade over £40. good tyres. i got em all round on me valver.

Toyos are supposed to be one of the softest you can get!

195/45/16s are what you want isnt it? If so, you can go half way of the distance to F1s and get Pirelli PZero Neros (£59.50) - someone (a girl??) on here says theyre awesome and they are fitted to supercars so they cant be bad! Uniroyal rainsport have often got good ratings on here too, and are a bit cheaper. (£48.80)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Cheers! The Pirelli P-Zero Neros are £59.50 each. Thats pretty good. I definately need wet weather performance.

Uniroyal sounds a bit iffy.... they ok?

Skoda Fabia vRS

i got rainsports on mine on the front and there very good in the wet and still good in the dry

definitely a good tyre for use in Britain !!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I dunno about the back. I was giving it some stick this morning down some country lanes and the front was soo loose. And my backs are looking quite good as well, better than the fronts.

Suppose could ditch the fronts, put the back wheels on the front and then new ones on the back.

What do you think?

My Toyos T1-S are poo. Terrible in the dry and in the wet its like ice skating!! P-Zeros or UniRoyal Rainsport are the way forward then?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 11 November 2003

Theyre good in the dry, but sh*te in the wet mate...
Better than Contis though... and cheaper...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 11 November 2003

Toyos are supposed to be one of the softest you can get!
Nah, they are a 280 rating, so soft, but not the softest, they are the same as Eagle F1s, but Ive had as low as 180 in the past (S-02s) and they were bl00dy soft...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 11 November 2003

Toyos are better in the wet than Contis? Contis must be really really REALLY bad.. heh.
First time I drove my Cu in the wet I couldnt believe how poo they were and the wheels just spin soooo easily...

Get those Rainsports on the front my man. Loads of wet grip which is what you need with no TC, and more importantly the breaking in the wet is splean ripping. Enjoy.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 11 November 2003

Get those Rainsports on the front my man. Loads of wet grip which is what you need with no TC, and more importantly the breaking in the wet is splean ripping. Enjoy.
As soon as these Contis die, Ill be getting some...

How much per corner?!

Reading...i got them for £60 Per Corner. Going prices seem to be between £50-£60 per tyre, then the valve and balancing on top. VFM i think. You may as well give the contis a nudge and do a few burnouts, roundabouts and hard braking!!

2012 WRX Waggon

Yep Contis in the wet are crappy doo!

might have a look at these Rainsport, might reduce the axle tramp in the wet? or am I talking 8olloxs?