ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxies

anyone got any pictures of these??

i.e the tread pattern / side profile etc.... or is there a website with piccies i can look at ?

on the tyres i currently have.. michelin pilots or something ? they have a small lip that basically protrudes past the edge of the alloy...i.e if if came in close against a kerb, that would hit before the alloy.... is this just down to the type of tyre i have or are a lots of the ones that will go on my wheels like this ? I know on the golf, i didnt have this... and they were Uniroyal Rallye something or others...

also... from peoples experience, how much are these likely to set me back per corner fitted ?

kerbing bands are OK but if you take a little chunk out (easily done) its an MOT failure,

you are running 195/50/15s right?

expect to pay £45 a boot fitted,

buying online is a false economy, im yet to see anywhere offer a tyre cheap mail order than we would charge to fit it at the place by me,

the only exception is top gear that BenR used and they sold him 4 yokos in tht size for about £110 inc delivery, which is a bargain

ok... so they sound ok then....

next question;

which Proxes do i need ???? from that website, there seem a few choices !!

and also, on the front on my car, I am running Michelin Pilot SXs

the back tyres, i cant remember.. may be the same but... they need replacing.... so are the Michelins any good ? or should i just get a new set all round ?

do the four, will transform the car,

but dont bust a gut to get the toyos there are plenty of other brands equaly as good,

if you want UHP tyres, *the best* are the special Bridgestone S03s called SO3 RR or PP or somthing, they are very very good but wont last forever, expect to pay nearer to £60 a corner for those, but it will be the best money you spend, it amazes me when people buy a £10k car with amazing handeling and performance and then skimp on tyres to save a few quid, its the only contact you have with the road, and some are far better than others, read the independant reviews that are avalible on line and decide for your self,

Abarth 595 Trufeo

if you have michelin pilot sx all round?

you cannot get these any more Michelin discontinued them

you may be lucky and find a garage with someleft overs but you may as well

replace all 4. I have Toyo proxes on my 172 they are quite good

but I agree with lofty there are loads of really good brands of tyres on the market, decide what you want and go for that not what seems to be in fashion at the mo..

this is kinda what i expected...

i bought the car with what it has now..

the rear tyres to me look a little worn.. i will get an expert opinion shortly....

i thought that was the case with the michelins as i had read this before somewhere....

i prefer a new set all round as well....

did the same with the vr6 when i bought it.... after a month i replaced all the tyres....

just to confirm though.... is there a particular type of Proxe that i should get ??? if i get them ?

BMW 320d Sport

The commonly available Proxes T1-S are the ones you want. Ask any tyre place and theyll usually assume thats what you want unless you specifically ask for any of the others. In fact seeing as hardly any Toyos sold in the UK *arent* Proxes T1-S, youll probably get what you want even if you just ask for Toyos!

Definitely replace the whole set in one go if you can. Consider Goodyear Eagle F1s though. IMHO equal to the Toyos in the dry, vastly superior in the wet, and they seem to wear a lot better as well. Just my own impression though.

i can still get the pilot SX if anyone wants them, they would be less then £50 each, delivered or fitted free in Bristol,

i spoke to a tyre place near me and they have said £188.00 fitted for all 4

they said something about the blah blahs being discontinued and now the blahs are the replacement..

erm the blah bit went over my head.. some number...but still Proxes

in english.. what does this mean ??? i liked the pattern on the ones i was looking at...will it be the same on these ?

and is £188 good ??

i paid £176 for two fronts on the golf + tracking :oops:

VR6Man!

I have just paid £164.40 for 4 brand new "Goodyear EAGLE F1 GSD-3" tyres in 195/50 R15V from http://www.mytyres.netwww.mytyres.net, delivered to my door. These tyres are usually quite a bit more expensive than the Toyos and (as Nick said) are supposed to be in a different league in wet conditions. EVO rated them as the best performance tyre recently (I think), but I havent got mine on yet, so cant say whether theyre actually any good or not. Obviously youve got to pay to get them fitted (between £5-£10 per tyre), but theyre still chuffing cheap!

Just a suggestion...

Matt

hmmm... interesting mr bond ;)

what is the tread pattern on them like ?? i like the look of the Toyos jobbies..

have u sorted ur knocking noise out yet ?

Well, they look kinda like this...

http://www.reich-krueger.de/komplett-Dateien/Komplett_F1GS-D3.jpg

The GS-D2s look meaner (in my opinion) but I think the GS-D3s are supposed to be even better performing than the 2s !!!

No, Ive not sorted the knocking noise yet... Havent fancied getting my hands cold and dirty yet... :oops: Ill get round to it when Ive got some free time though (might take it to the garage and tell them to sort it out though, now I know whats wrong with it!)

Matt

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

A question on tyres.

Some of the Pirelli tyres (P5000, and P6000) have a central groove down the middle of the tyre. What is the point of this groove?