ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track brakes.

Clio 182
Hello all, I have a 182 with coilovers, 15" r888 tyres but need to sort out the front brakes.
currently I'm running std discs and ebc yellows with braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid. This set up is pretty good but I'm still getting brake fade !!
any ideas to the best solution as I do quite a few track days. The yellows seem to get poor reviews on here though.

many thanks in advance for your advise.

Clio 182
Hello all,

I have a 182 with coilovers, 15" r888 tyres but need to sort out the front brakes.
currently I'm running std discs and ebc yellows with braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid. This set up is pretty good but I'm still getting brake fade !!
any ideas to the best solution as I do quite a few track dayside noticed yellows get slated on here but I no several people with Mini Cooper s that run them on track with no issues.

many thanks in advance for your advise.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I disagree, DS2500's are not particularly good. Carbon lorraine RC6's or ferodo DS3000's get my vote for a track pad. Or if you have deep pockets get Pagid blue's.

GSXR + KDX220
Yellows aren't much cop in my experience, I had a set and they faded and wore out very fast considering their price! ferodo ds2500s seem to be the favourite on here, but there's many other options available. Do a search, its been covered a lot :)