ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Cover for a 172

Hello,

I am thinking about going to a track day but I really want to get insurance. I know a lot of people say its not worth it and theyre very safe places etc etc, but I really want to play it safe. The thing is I cant find many companies that do track cover. I tried Egger Lawson, who quoted £152 for £13000 cover with £1300 excess or £92 for £6500 cover with £1300 excess (the cars a 7 month old 172). My questions are is that around about the right sort of money, and does anybody know anyone else worth contacting?

Thanks for the help.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Sounds about right - Its always very expensive and the cover you get is poor. Have you tried asking your own insurance company if theyll cover you for an extra premium?

Im a bit worried about doing that. I am very paranoid about insurance companies, I would be worried that theyd simply make a note that I go to track days, which would translate to that Im some sort of Satan on wheels and therefore next years premium will be higher. But I might make an anonymous inquiry.

What do you mean by the level of cover is poor? I asked a few questions and I was told that the car was covered while it was at the track, so whatever happened while not on public roads would be covered. Are there some loopholes theyre neglecting to tell me, like the insurance only works if you bury a potato on a full moon prior to rubbing your face with the back of a toad.

Renault Laguna Coupe

LOL! What I meant by poor cover was the size of excess you suffer unless you really pay through the nose - e.g. the £1,300 that you mentioned.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Here are a few more to try:

Footman James
0121 561 4196

T L Clowes
0207 220 7878

Competition Car Insurance
0115 941 5255

Adrian Flux
08700 692202

Road & Track Insurance
0161 278 5226