ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track day on crap tyres (broadband only)

I'm definately crap at this editing lark, i had to get the file size down so the picture is smaller (good) but its not as good quality and the sound is very very average, forgot the camera mount too so it was out with the insulation tape and this is the result... http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=1442123

definately need to get rid off the budget tyres that came with the car but there's the problem of me being skint :(

a sprint track at Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire, a 2.0 robin hood (hides) not very popular on here but I love it!

what you think? I got better throughout the day but the camera ran out of film!
how much different do you think a decent set of tyres would make? I'm thinking either Bridgestone Potenza's or a different set of wheels with some R888's on just for track use and the occasional road blast! :D just need to save up...

Yep, 7 type kitcar, I'll have a play with the G tech thingy, a roundabout and a tyre pump, I think they were too high, I expected there to be more grip than there actually was in braking :(

I thought I'd go straight on and aim for the gap rather than trying to play with the tyres in front of the concrete building..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
We run caterhams roadsports in the british, on Avon 13' semi slicks crossply. Pressures vary on conditions, track conditions and asphalt type, but roughly speaking about 18psi

seemed to be getting faster throughout the day but the video ran out, DOH! (forgot to empty before setting off and didn't want to delete the holiday snaps)

theres always next time :)