ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day parts

Are there any other go to guys for trackday parts other than pms? Or are they the best to deal with.

Looking in respect of service and quality /longevity of parts

Specifically suspension parts. Bump steer kits, coilovers, axle strengthening, ac deletes etc etc.

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How many trackdays are you doing, a lot?

Have you got lots of money to spend?

Have you done track days before?

Is the car a daily too, or a cheeky second car?

Planning 1 a month.

I've a budget...

Been doing trackdays for the last 20 years!

Bought just for doing track work but don't want to go down the trailer route again.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Planning 1 a month.

I've a budget...

Been doing trackdays for the last 20 years!

Bought just for doing track work but don't want to go down the trailer route again.

Funny enough, ive just thought about going the other way, and getting a trailer.
Roadgoing insurance with the mods I have, (Cage, no airbags, coilovers etc etc) and Clio 172 roadtax at pushing £300 a year, for a motor i may use once a weekend, not sure it makes sense

However- you can get in and drive it when u like, where u like is suppose... and I HATE towing

My take on track day parts- no- not one supplier. Identify each bit you want and use the web for best prices.
Kam Racing good quality- but pricey

Last edited:
Cadwell park is literally 20mins from my door so if the worst happens it's not the end of the world.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
A strange observation, as I have bought plenty from them because they had the best price.
Aftermarket ebay stuff is much cheaper... but not the quality.
And if you have a £550 clio 172 like mine, not really any point of putting quality stuff on it