ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Rod Locking Washer

PH1 172 Sport
Am changing my track rods this weekend and have just read about a locking washer that goes between the rod and the rack. How important is it that these are replaced?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
you mean the track rod locking nut?

do you mean replaced (as in change the old ones for new ones) or do u mean not fit them at all?

PH1 172 Sport
I'm not on about the track rod ends or the locking nut for the ends if there is any confusion.

I have got to replace the actual rods as the inner ball joints are worn.

Supposedly there is a washer that goes between the ball joint thread and the rack?

Also are the flats on the rack to grip, whilst undoing the track rod?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The washer holds the rack on the flat bit so it doesn't undo itself. As for replacement I'm not too sure. I have been trying to get some new ones but no luck yet.

PH1 172 Sport
The washer holds the rack on the flat bit so it doesn't undo itself. As for replacement I'm not too sure. I have been trying to get some new ones but no luck yet.

Does the rack have flats on to grip whilst loosening the rod?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
They do as far as I remember. I had to hold onto the steering rack as mine was apart and didn't have the pinion shaft in.