ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trackday action cam

Clio 172 phase 1
after a action cam for trackdays, don't wan to spend a fortune but want a fairly good quality recorder, what would people recommend?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I use a sj4000, and had no problems at all. Yes it's a knock off of a go pro but it's also a lot cheaper, there are fake version of these as well so I opted for what I believe is a 'genuine' one which was around £50

Clio 182
image.jpeg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
SJCAM can be had for £40 so can have 1 front an rear for half the cost an the footage is more than adequate and isn't far off go pro quality

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I could not work out which SJ cams were real or fake, even Amazon is full of fakes. In the end I played it safe and bought a Go pro.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I have a couple of the fake ones and they've done the job. They were so cheap that I just use them for external video. If it comes off and I lose it, it doesn't matter.

I was planning to buy a GoPro as I'd like a mic port for my intercom, but may look into the hack.

Just tested out my mount which is a 3M go pro above the clock and I'm just getting a frame full of wipers!

My wipers seem to sit abnormally high is this just the way they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk