ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday at brands on Monday (video and pics)

CLIO PH1 172
hey guys, not been on here much lately but iv not fallen out of love with the Clio just been very busy concentrating on work ect....

anyway took the clio to Brands on Monday (my second trackday) and the car was excellent, it didnt play up once all day i was very happy with it.

knocked half a second off my previous time as well. 1.02.00

when i get a chance i will update my project thread with the current spec ect (its nothing special)

anyway heres some pics and a video.

LMP_9340.jpg

LMP_9266.jpg

LMP_9264.jpg

LMP_9167.jpg

LMP_9163.jpg

LMP_7446.jpg

LMP_6111.jpg

LMP_0402-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  CLIO PH1 172
Cool vid mate ! Makes me wanna do a track day just havnt got the balls !
Dont need balls mate just get out there and give it a go!!

Good job mate, very smooth and good lines. Was that an instructor from the circuit with you?
Thank you and no it's my uncle his a forma formula Renault and formula ford champion, he knows his way round most uk circuits pretty damn well

Very nice, you had the perfect weather for it too.

I love Brands Indy.

Yes couldn't believe my luck really it's been s**t weather for pretty much 3 weeks solid and the one clear day we got was my trackday.

172 Race Car
Thank you and no it's my uncle his a forma formula Renault and formula ford champion, he knows his way round most uk circuits pretty damn well
Awesome, hes a great help I bet. Under a minuite is acheivable mate. Brake later for paddock and work on the chicane, its bravery around Brands mostly

CLIO PH1 172
Awesome, hes a great help I bet. Under a minuite is acheivable mate. Brake later for paddock and work on the chicane, its bravery around Brands mostly

Yes a massive help, traffic was a nightmare on track all day! I probably only got to go through paddock about 6 or 7 times without having to worry about other cars which was a shame as I was getting more and more confident throughout the day braking later and later.

Funnily I was going to come down and track the Clio but had to pull out. I see your in SEL. Im in Bromley, with give you a shout next time im heading to Brands.

Yea give me a shout next time I'm based in dartford.

CLIO PH1 172
Nice bit of driving chap! Some spacers and extra camber and you'll shave a load more time off, the extra grip from them two things made a big difference in the two times I was at Brands.

Next time I will put spacers on I don't know why I didn't really I've got a couple of set lying around. As for camber I can't really get any more on the front without changing topmounts or customising the coilovers.

Your number plate is epic!!

Why thank you sir.

Next time I will put spacers on I don't know why I didn't really I've got a couple of set lying around. As for camber I can't really get any more on the front without changing topmounts or customising the coilovers.

Ah that's fair enough about the camber, makes a big difference in my experience both of them. Why coilovers are you using then?

CLIO PH1 172
Just running Gaz coilovers buddy not the greatest coilovers but perfect for what I want.

At the beginning of the day the car felt very tail happy so I softened the rear up, but this then made going through Clearways a bit bouncy, and I probably was loosing a bit of time there a well.

Gaz's should be not half bad given how stiff they go, can't you slot the top shock hole for more adjustment on the coilover?

Looks like you have mega rear camber also, that might be half the reason it was a bit 'tail happy'. Decreasing the rear camber and adding a bit more front should cure that oversteer without softening the shocks do much.

Either way you probably know all that, at least you had a good time! Love Brands myself, can't wait to do it this year!

Nick

CLIO PH1 172
Yes I could slot it more and the rear camber is wayto much really without running slicks, I know that a bit of a wider track (spacers) and a bit more confidence going through paddock I can get sub 1 min

CLIO PH1 172
Thanks for the comments on my driving, means allot.

Im going away for the summer to work out in Ibiza but before I go I will be purchasing a go race pack from msv and will hopfully be booking an a.r.d.s test for when I'm back.

My uncle has a 1990 1.7cc formula Renault in a garage that needs a little work to get it up and running we hope to get it out next year and do some test days in it or maybe even a championship (depending on funds)

Watch this space ....

CLIO PH1 172
here another video of the day, i think these where 2 of my faster laps.

slightly clearer track and....

Last edited by a moderator: