ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer size that is big enough for clio but fits in garage

Golf 7R
I've decided to buy a trailer for the clio to save insuring and the stupid amount of road tax that gets charged for the 3 or 4 times a year I use it.
I've seen a Brian James minno max for sale and although it fits in my garage I'm not sure it's big enough for the clio, the dimensions are 3370mm by 1650mm with a max weight of 1000kg, it has a tyre rack at the front as well so the clio will be very close to the max weight.

I have a slightly stripped 172 cup with no rear seats and buckets in the front so should be below the 1000kg but I'm just not sure the bed is big enough to get the clio balanced with nose weight of 100kg for the X3 I'll be using to tow it.

Can members tell me the trailers they are using and the dimensions please, also will the clio fit on the minno?

Golf 7R
The Clio does fit on a Minno. (Just!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the confirmation, I thought it would be tight and very close to the max weight as ideally I wanted to use the tyre rack for my spare tyres rather than put them in The car.

Have you towed with a minno? I've never towed before and was concerned I wouldn't get the correct nose weight and whether this affects the way the trailer would tow

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
The Minno tows really nicely, but then all Brian James Trailers do.
I hire my trailer when I need it but if I need a tire rack I hire a bigger one.
What’s your tow vehicle? That might also have a bearing too.

Golf 7R
I'll be using the wife's BMW X3 so should tow it easily and luckily I'm an old git so got my towing license grandfathered.

I like the minno and the price but not 100% sure whether I'd regret not getting a trailer with a higher weight limit but similar size, downside with that is the price as they seem to go for almost £2k and that's a lot for the amount I'll use it

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
They do hold their value but you’re right, I think if I was buying one I’d go bigger. I used to have a bigger trailer a few years ago but storing them is difficult. That’s why I hire now. Cheap enough for the amount I use one but I’m lucky that I have a company near by.
(Im an old git too so also avoided the trailer test!)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
It will fit but very tight width wise at the front depending on wheel offset , my tyres basically touch at both sides. If your lucky you can also get them with a folding hitch which saves more space when its in storage.
It tows behind my X3 brilliantly even with spare wheels in the rack.

20190326_210212.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I did have a larger Brian James but like you say storage was an issue as my garage isn't very deep. One thing i did like with it was the low level tyre rack as it aloud you to work on the car while on the trailer , with a high level you cant open the bonnet.

066D4FC6-B168-4485-8AA0-4CA0ADC9FF4B.jpeg

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup