ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transfer MiniDisc music to laptop??

1998 BMW e46 323i
yeah. looked into it a while back, s/w and a line into your pc from your md player. re-record it all in MP3

audacity or even windows sound recorder would do the job, you basically need to re-record i.e. hit play on the minidisc with it plugged into the line in as per above post.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I think you can get a net md player and dump the ATRAC recordings off onto a pc, but its f**king slow.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Will take weeks to record and name every lovely song and album, I didn't bother in the end!

^Like he said tho, my ex used to have a flash sony jobbie that did that. Cool as f**k, but if yours doesn't then you're stuffed.

Octy VRS
It's not ideal but I used a cable from the minijack to the phono in my soundcard and used Ableton Live, Audacity would do the job fine though.

the drm management wont allow transferring of the md to pc it gives you a it will also be in atrac format so the only way is to re record it as described above

ive working sonicstage if you want it the site i used recently to get information seems to have gone :(

Last edited:
  Mr2 Roadster
If you have a macbook pro the line in is dual analogue/digital so you could use that!