ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transfering Data from PC to Laptop?

German Barge
Morning all

My laptop has just arrived, just getting to grips with windows vista.

I need to transfer my files off my existing PC to the Laptop as it is now redundant.

What is the quickest way to do this? Baring in mind my PC is over 5 years old now, and doesn't have wireless.

Simple question of a Cat 5 cable and router and sharing folders?

Quite a bit to move over in the region of 10 GB, so i am not expecting a quick solution, just an easy, numpty proof process.

Thanks all.

Chris.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could always burn your files to 3 dvd's and transfer em that way .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm the same as you Kully . Not clued up at all when it comes to wireless , routers and the like . I'm still using Ye Olde desktop , lol ,thats why i suggested burning to dvd's . If the files are music , photos and video then at least if they are on dvd you'll always have them stored for future use .

Clio 197 RB
If you get a CAT 5 crossover cable mate, you can plug them straight into each other and send files right across. Just make sure you set up a windows workgroup on both computers so they can see each other. Hope this helps :)

German Barge
luke thats how i thought about doing it,

but now you mention it a USB pen would work too if it was big enough.

did think about the DVD option, but my desktop is that old...it only burns cds............lol.

ill get a crossover i think :) thanks all.

Chris.