ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transferring recorded programs off sky hd box?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Sky have just rang me saying pace are recalling sky hd boxes because of a problem meaning all the programs i have recorded on the hd will be lost.

Is there anyway i can copy them onto my laptop hd?

Do i just need a usb cable?

Last edited:
  1.2 16v
I dont think its possible yet mate, ive heard the USB ports are all inactive. Ive had this problem my HD box aswell

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
there is a port on the rear to connect to an external SATA HDD but not sure how you transfer the stuff over

Astra CDTI SRI
There's a program called +Extract which can copy the DVB transport streams recorded on the SkyHD disk onto a PC. You can then use a program called Project X which will take those transport stream files and "demux" them into viewable MPEG2 files, provided the TV programme was recorded from a free-to-air channel (like the BBC channels).

If the programme was recorded from a free-to-view channel (like Sky Three) or a subscription channel (like Sky One), then the data will be stored on the disk in an encrypted format which so far has resisted all attempts to crack it, and probably won't be cracked in the foreseeable future. So basically, forget about trying to do that.

As for the space reserved for Sky Anytime, it is apparently fixed at 140GB. The standard disk on a SkyHD box is 300GB, thus leaving 160GB for user recorded material. Swapping the disk for a 500GB does, apparently, give 360GB for user recorded material, so you get more than double the space, even though the disk isn't double the size.

The maximum sized disk a SkyHD box can format is 500GB. It is possible to use an even larger disk, but you have to initialise in a PC using Copy+ before installing it in the SkyHD box.

http://www.neildoh.org/Software/Extract/extract.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x

Google is you friend..........