ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transition from e46 to Clio mk2 172

Hi all
I am new to this forum & was wondering if I will have any regrets buying a 172 & selling my e46 (2000 plate)

Over the last year I have enjoyed the beema but the fuel consumption & lack of power has annoyed me, also her indoors thinks the beema is a little ugly & to big for her to park/drive etc

We have owned a Peugeot 206gti in the past & loved it apart from the bumpy ride, we both like the look of the Clio & was wondering if you gents/ladies would kindly give me the lowdown on your experiences with your 172's

I have read the parkers guide specifications on both cars & they seem to think that the mpg is the same, however we don't do much motorway miles so would the Clio fair any better?

Also is the ride more comfortable than the Peugeot 206gti?

Many thanks in advance
James

172 Iceberg Silver
Welcome Alfie
I have just purchased my Clio ph2 172. And i love it. But i will say that it is a little bumpy at times as well, but do recommend getting one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its been at least a year since i've owned a 206 gti, but i'm pretty confident that a 172 is harder than a 206 gti.

Thats not to say you won't love it though. :)

BG Megane 225
Hi Mate,

I do pretty much all non motorway miles, 6 mile trips to work and back, and I get between 30 & 35 MPG... Pretty bumpy ride, but a lot of fun to drive.. Only owned mine since Nov last year, and no regrets !

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In my opinion they cannot be beat pound for pound.. 35-40mpg is normal practice for a 1*2 quite easily!

Tax is a gripe for me (£245) insurance is a pain in the arse also, apart from that, they're amazing for what they cost!

Welcome btw!

Thanks for the help guys
I've been a proud owner for 2days now & must say I'm pleased so far, ride is also slightly better than the 206 & around town I'm doing average 35 mpg which has to be around 5-10 mpg better than beema.
oh & the other small matter- its much more fun to drive! :)