ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transmition swap

Clio mk2 1.2 55kw
Hey!
So me and my friend want a new project to be killing time with, and I just bought a new daily car so we have this clio that we just use for fun.

One day we came up with the great idea that we should fufill every fwd guys little secret dream. make it rwd.

And so we started planning, I can weld and know a thing or two about metalwork in general so engine mounts, mounts for the new driveshaft, differential and so on should be easy. And he is an electrician so making longer and or shorter wires after we turn the engine 90 degrees shouldnt be a problem either.

The issue that we realised was something both of us didn't know how to solve was the transmission. We don't know enough about the transmission that is already in and haven't taken the engine out to see if it is something that we could modify to work just yet. And we dont know of any transmission that is rwd and bolts straight up to a D4F 722 engine either. The last idea wa to use wires like the Audi r8 but we dont think we would be able to make that sturdy enough and precise enough to use in a potential racing/drifting/have fun until it breaks car.

Does anyone know or have some tips?
If this project ever happens then i will be sure to film the entire process 😁

Last edited by a moderator: