ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trick bits in Clios

When i first got my car i noticed that it automatically locked when i left or if i was in it with the keys out for a few minutes but i always locked the doors when i got in anyway. Then after a while this stopped happening. Now ive got it working again (called RAID) and its so cool. When you get to 4mph the doors lock. I love it. Must be the coolest thing that Renault put on my car.

Can anyone tell me what the Rain sensitive wipers and automatic headlights are like? I think a 182 testdrive would be brilliant just to try out all the tastey bits of kit. I love my toys.

Ta, Andy

Rain sensitive wipers are good in theory, however in practice they annoy me! If u aint got no music on you can hear the relay clicking beside the glove box when the wipers are on intermittent. Then depending on how heavy the rain is it cant decide what speed to set the wipers at. It usually goes to the fastest setting too quickly for my liking. Just another sensor to go wrong really! The auto headlights are a cool feature and do work as they should.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I find the auto headlights and rain sensirtive wipers are brill.Ive had no problems with either and both work great,if you select reverse the rear wiper also does a wipe for you.

The 182 is loaded with goodies,one of the main reasons why i went for one instead of paying for the goodies as options.Cruise control is sound as well but ive never needed to use the speed limiter.The computor is also a good bit of kit as well indicating plenty of info and remote stereo functions is something i love.

Book a 182 and just sit outside the dealership having a play !!!

Arctic Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Scots_Clio on 28 September 2004
Rain sensitive wipers are good in theory, however in practice they annoy me!  If u aint got no music on you can hear the relay clicking beside the glove box when the wipers are on intermittent.  Then depending on how heavy the rain is it cant decide what speed to set the wipers at.  It usually goes to the fastest setting too quickly for my liking.  Just another sensor to go wrong really!  The auto headlights are a cool feature and do work as they should.

Totally agree with you m8. Soooooo wish I could turn them off and just have intermitent. They just cant decide whether to wipe, have a rest, pi$$, sh*t or what! They just end up making me dizzy!

Auto lights are ok, but Ive disabled mine on my 182. Id rather decide when I want to put them on.

Cant fault the toys on the 182/Mk2 172s tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Dan Page on 28 September 2004

andy my 1.2 16v has aut headlights and wipers! Shouldnt urs?
I dont have a dynamique. I have an expression+. So i dont get any of the luxuries.

Ta, Andy