ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TroFail Finished! - New Wheels/Seats/Lowish

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ok, so i dont normally *****, but thanks to James (JMS) and Mike (FailSport) last night, the TroFail is now finished. I'm sure a few of you will have read my project thread, & i'll update that with more info than in here, but chuffed isnt the word, it drives brilliantly & looks ruddy lovely imho :D

Roll on Donington & numerous other trackdays/thrashing sessions.

Spec is as follows:

15" Pro Race 3's with T1R's, Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines/Dot4, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline rear ARB, Eibach camber bolts set to -1.75 degrees, BTB catback exhaust, Espace V6 airbox with ITG filter, Skoda wonky front splitter, RMD Dished steering wheel, 2 x Bimarco Futuras & OMP 3" 4 point harnesses. Rear seats are still in as i like to be able to use the boot.

DSC04011.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

DSC04016.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04019.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

DSC04021.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

Hope you like :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Superb!

You could've at least vacuumed it though!

Cheers fellow shortar5e ;)

Im not a fan of cleaning unfortunately, hence black wheels lol. The grime on my car protects the paint ...

LOve the wheels. Good job on it. When you say finished, do you actually mean it?

Yah, no point spending money on the engine, wont make it any faster really, whats 15bhp in the real world lol. Its just designed for fun really, although a bolt in half cage would be nice!!

Lovely mate, everything has a purpose

How you find the futura's as a daily?

Futura's are ok, comfiest buckets ive sat in, its not a daily though, sod doing 90 miles a day in it lol. Got a barge for commuting duties.

BB - Tyres. Meh. I like no grip lol.
Budgie - we shall see ...

LY 182
Lovely bud!

I had a drive of a very similarly spec'd 182 Inferno the other day and it was an absolute pleasure to drive. I was genuinely amazed at how well it handled compared to my standard 182. The car in question also had the sportlines, camber bolts and whiteline ARB as above. The thing was on rails man. You're gonna have so much fun in that!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
2118's are f**king shite, c**t sheep wheel.

"I've just a great idea. Lets add some f**king unsprung weight to my pretend-track car"
super-r****d.jpg

Dave's got the right idea. Apart from the tyres. The tyres are s**t.

Mini Cooper S
DSC04015.jpg

Why you going for the paint reflection shot?

The car is looking pretty spot on Dave! I think perfection would be a good description ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
love pro race 3's i was looking at some before i got my 16" f1's

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
[Why you going for the paint reflection shot?

The car is looking pretty spot on Dave! I think perfection would be a good description ;)

Cheers mate, hopefully see you at another trackday soon ay?!

Re: reflection, its more to show the small amount of camber :eek: the pink doesnt so much as reflect, more repulse. Paints not very smooth, bit like pebbledash on the side of a house if im honest ...

330i. E30 Touring.
Not a paint reflection shot.

Camber shot.

Will- negative camber keeps the maximum amount of tyre on the road whilst hard cornering. Too much negative and you'll have light steering and wheelspinning everywhere, lol.

Mini Cooper S
I know it was for the camber, I was just joking ;)

Perhaps another trackday later in the year, I'll have to source another set of wheels/tyres!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I know it's all function rather than fashion but that looks f**king excellent Dave. Top work! When you're bored with it in a few months (;)) I'll be on the lookout for parts for sale.

How do you find the Eibachs compared to standard?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I know it's all function rather than fashion but that looks f**king excellent Dave. Top work! When you're bored with it in a few months (;)) I'll be on the lookout for parts for sale.

How do you find the Eibachs compared to standard?

Ha ha, no chance, FailTrophy is staying for a long while yet, simply as i'd never be able to afford another one!! Saxo cost more to build than this lol ...

Re: the Sportlines, only driven it home down the motorway so far, but strangely the ride seems to have improved, that might just be because all 4 wheels are round though ;) Will be able to tell properly after Donington onthe 13th March, but it certainly looks a little nicer, maybe dropped 10mm over the normal setup. Obviously they look pretty as well ...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love it dave, I had an idea of putting those wheels on mine but decided against it because of the menacing arch gap you're packing ;)

Hows the suspension set up? You've got exactly the same as my trophy apart from mine has no engine....yet :D

Give it a clean mate and gloss the tyres a bit and show it at it's best

330i. E30 Touring.
Love it dave, I had an idea of putting those wheels on mine but decided against it because of the menacing arch gap you're packing ;)

Hows the suspension set up? You've got exactly the same as my trophy apart from mine has no engine....yet :D

Give it a clean mate and gloss the tyres a bit and show it at it's best

Pah. Track car with tyre shine?!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For bugger all extra could of got Hankook V12's. Genuinely sad state of affairs.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
like the new feet. if you clocked that nobody would be any the wiser to the mileage! more camberz