ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #007 : Alcantara cleaning and some alcantara trimming......

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've had the raceglaze alcantara cleaner lying around ever since I sold my ph1 172. I thought I would give the recaro's a clean up as they've now had 70k miles worth of use.

There was a fair ammount of dirt removed which I dont have a picture of but here they are all clean:

001-30.jpg

003-30.jpg

004-30.jpg

017-6.jpg

I've also had my dash strips, handbrake gaitor and A pillars trimmed in Alcantara, courtesy of Austin-182. I'm very happy with the service and quality and highly recommend him. I also added a propper 172/182 FF handbrake button as the trophy comes with a poverty spec plastic thing

005-29.jpg

009-24.jpg

011-14.jpg

015-7.jpg

014-11.jpg

And the final shot :cool:

013-12.jpg

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looking 'uber clean Chris!! Little trim bits make it that little bit of a nicer place to be as well:cool:

Focus RS + S3
goy my flame suit on just in case a purist sees my post

it needs a ph1 rear bench to finish it off beautifully along with the doorcards ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
goy my flame suit on just in case a purist sees my post

it needs a ph1 rear bench to finish it off beautifully along with the doorcards ;)

Ph2 mate, ph1 is blue

And it's all in the pipeline but people want silly money for doorcards alone

Thanks for all of the comments guys, a big thanks too austin-182 again, fantastic job

As for the keyring, get onto cliotrophy.co.uk, I think there is a batch soon to be made

Focus RS + S3
you know what i meant lol, the one with the all grey alcantara as opposed to the holes in the 182's

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it Chris! The alcantara trimming looks very OEM, nice one.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Finally got a rear bench for the trophy.

001-31.jpg

Car is now off the road so I can do some bits and bobs I want...

Question is, should I go for some major engine mods....I.e JMS RS2 inlet or ITB's, Boost, turbo over supercharger, dont like the sound of the cambelts failing on a couple of recent cars..... OR save money to buy a new car late next year once I've had my fun with the trophy....thinking megane R26 230 or MkV golf Gti

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
see, if that was me, I'd have gone for the 172 bench, purely so that it looked like ti matched the fronts. The white dots look too mis-matched to me

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I didn't know there was a difference mate, not to worry it's just a seat and still looks good

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
!B00C(EgCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!jYE)pKuDO19BMb-vjEwiw~~_12.jpg

I just think they would "match" a little better.

Best bet is get yourself some 182 front seats, and give me the recaro's

;)

S2 106 GTI
Are you 182 seats and the 182 seats different?! I never knew that! I always wondered about the little dots being a very slight miss match.

Rich

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thought I'd update this thread, I will make a project thread but dont have the time ATM

So 2011 plans for the trophy are:

172/182 xenon headlights
AAS Exhaust system
RS tuning Remap
Uprated engine/ gearbox mounts
Alcantara Gear Gaitor from Austin-182
Alcantara door cards
Whiteline Rear ARB
Mark Fish lower springs
Koni Rear Dampers
Refurbish the Sachs front dampers
Refurb or buy a new speedline turini from renault as one has a kerb mark
4 Hankook Rs2's or Michelin Exalto's

I don't want to go OTT with the trophy just yet, I've thought about the addition of ITB's or forced induction and it's going to end up being a very expensive investment which will be more hassle than its worth.

The above is just slight things to improve the experience, hopefully by the end of the year it will still be in mint condition, be slightly more responsive with smoother power delivery and be able to handle even better than it does now....if that's possible. I hope to finally get out on track in my own car aswell as the trophy is now a 'toy'

Keep your eyes out for a project log which I will sort out soon :)

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Good plans chris mate, like you say not ott but will make it nicer
yeah mate, will have to organise a trip to hartside and a few other driving roads when the good weather is back....I wouldn't mind doing a weekend of the evo triangle etc