ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 220- Opinions...

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yes my std rs lost loads in 18 month looks like 220 is going the same way by current figures will make some one a good buy when I decide to sell
That's a shame. The damage to the RS rep was done with the 220t and obviously stuck through to the trophy. Strange as this isn't the first renault sport product that launched a bit poor and evolved into a great car.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
had mine nearly a year, just done 3700 miles and have to get it booked in for first service.
before that i came from a bmw 335i and a civic type r premier ep3, trophy is so much more capable than either of them, the handling is in another league, its got so much more grip and its ability to lay the power exiting a corner hard on the gas is amazing considering it has no mechanical lsd, and the trophy would push the bmw quite close in a straight line imo too.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Always feel like the 200t and Trophy owners have to give it the hard sell and justify their actions for buying one......

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
But if you do say the 200t or 220t is a good car you're only saying it because you've bought one lol...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Auto does get on my nerves at times. I'm waiting to see if a trophy pops up for sale locally so I can go have a look.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Clio F1 197 Cup
That's a shame. The damage to the RS rep was done with the 220t and obviously stuck through to the trophy. Strange as this isn't the first renault sport product that launched a bit poor and evolved into a great car.
Megane 225 seemed similar in the way it developed.

@magic354 just tell the guys your thoughts after watching the Video iam assuming it's you
Sadly mate, I can't say I know what you're referring to!

Always feel like the 200t and Trophy owners have to give it the hard sell and justify their actions for buying one......
Completely agree with you mate- I just wonder how many people who slate them have actually driven one...

I'll give them a ring on Monday. Is there much of a difference?
From the sounds of it, this will transform your car haha. Let us know how you get on!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Owners are the best people to review the car. Don't listen too much to press reviews, not many people drive their car at 10 10ths, no matter what it is. Owners aren't defending their purchase choice, just giving real world reviews.

Clio 197
If there are any owners who drive at 10 10ths it'll be @nutnutwelshman :) The car was taking everything you threw at it, in it's stride and not once did it look unsettled. All this talk of 200T and the 200T has got me looking at them now too!

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
There's a trophy at renault Portsmouth in LY for £20k on 10miles...shame they won't let you test drive it unless you agree to buy it, typical renault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS280EDC
Are you on bookface iam a very old man link????
Haha, I am on bookface. Did you post it off on YouTube at all? If its on YouTube you can share the web address (link) and we can all watch it.
Haha, I am on bookface. Did you post it off on YouTube at all? If its on YouTube you can share the web address (link) and we can all watch it.
https://youtu.be./A92Iea8IFQg
Try this is two years a go sorry it's a crap lap first time out std 200t @magic354

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I really like the 220 trophy. I can see me owning one at some point when the facelift drops to around 15k.

Suzuki Jimny
There's a trophy at renault Portsmouth in LY for £20k on 10miles...shame they won't let you test drive it unless you agree to buy it, typical renault.

They are still up to that!?

I got given the key to a £23k mx-5 without even asking for a test drive!

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
that's odd, when I went to view a trophy at Nottingham Renault, they were only to happy to give us the keys to their demonstrator, and we had 2 test drives without committing to anything.
perhaps they are fed up of folks just wanting a free play!

David

Clio F1 197 Cup
They are still up to that!?

I got given the key to a £23k mx-5 without even asking for a test drive!
That's because they know if you drive an MX5 you'll want to buy one, but if you drive a Mk4 Clio RS you probably won't :p haha

In all seriousness, I've had mixed experiences with test drives at dealers. Shortly after the 200T came out I tried to arrange a test drive, I was 21 at the time- when I arrived at the dealer I was told they only let over 25s drive and I got taken out for a rather useless ride along. Conversely, Abarth a week later took me out for a 2 hour long test drive... And guess which one we bought. I was also looking at Suzuki Swift Sports, booked in for a test drive, arrived, they only had the 1.2 there... But my favourite was our local Skoda franchise, to be fair, we have bought a few cars off them so they know us fairly well, but literally just gave us the keys to a brand new Octavia vRS and told us to come back when we were ready. We ordered that same day.

When I was working at Tesla we used to have a very strict over 25s policy, and it was only on very rare occasion we would let someone younger than this drive- and they would have to source their own insurance for the car for the test drive. But in all fairness that was a different price point and most of our test drive fleet would run sub 3 seconds to 60.