ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy avec roof rack

yes in york a trophy with roof rack fitted :D never thought id see the day the "ultimate track clio" fitted with workhorse mods whats next tow bar :p

better than the uno i spotted earlier tho with 2 wooden battons bolted to the roof lol

tiTTy & SV650
182's have a 0 towing rating so if you do see one its highly illegal lol

join the gang:

Last edited:
the vrs had a 0 towing wait but that didnt stop people

pah they are just run of the mil rs's not the almighty trophy :p

where was the photo taken ???

tiTTy & SV650
indeed need a trophy to join the gang lol

that one was taken at easter weekend at the CS Mountain Biking meet in Dalbeattie near Dumfries in the borders (kinda).

as well as the 0 tow rating the 182 / Trophy has 2 exhausts in the way lol

BMW 320d SE
The first thing I bought for my 182 was Renault roof bars so I could go biking. The best thing about having your bike on the roof is that everyone assumes you're going to be going really slowly, so the look on their faces when you you blast past them is brilliant! :cool:

tiTTy & SV650
yup although Ally's came off in the front left corner and I was holding it on till he could pull over. Mines seen 120 no probs lol

rory182 said:
yup although Ally's came off in the front left corner and I was holding it on till he could pull over. Mines seen 120 no probs lol

:eek: Yup, had a wee problem with mine but I took it completely apart (which involved a lot of swearing/use of big, heavy tools to separate the bars from the feet) and reset the position of the feet on the bars. Fits a lot better now - more like Rory's and Dave's. You really forget it's there.

It was the modded vts that got well p*ssed off when Rory did an 8-car overtake - with his bike on the roof - on the way back from Dalbeattie, he was not a happy chappie...

Ally "the original roofbar-on-clio-172 owner" Mitchell ;)

rory182 said:
perfectly safe 8 car overtake i hasten to add :eek:

I wasn't counting though lol Ally must have

Yup, perfectly safe (but quite possibly not entirely at legal speeds :eek: ). TBH I wasn't counting either, it was possibly more than 8 lol.

Clio's look OK with roofbars too, it's the new "cup splitter" ;) :
12-Jun-05Bikerackpic3.gif