ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy cup

Clio 172 Cup
I've been toying with the idea of setting up me cup like the 182 trophy i.e sach dampers and whatnot, so that I'd get the added bonus of reduced weight and a good suspension, are there any major changes like camber angles, track and ride height? Also cost?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I've seen how much you guys don't like reposts!) I've tried doing a search but couldn't find out.

Clio 172 Cup
Your kidding it would cost at least 4 grand for a set! No wonder they just write off the trophy after a crash!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Sachs dampeners, ride hight is about 10mm less, for the cost of the dampers mate get a set of h&r coilovers

Yeah I would sach that idea off! H&R coilies are your best bet but be sure to get them set up professionally.

Clio 172 Cup
true, but I use it mainly for road use and feel coilers would be a bit over the top, plus i've heard that the sachs still give good comfort on our not so perfect roads.

They require some sort of servicing too but don't quote me on that and im not sure its for 50k or something.

Clio 172 Cup
this is turning out to be a very expenive idea! may aswell try and find a good trophy and either put me or the car on a extreme diet!

Oh, nice pun with sach.

Clio 172 Cup
part ex it for the proper thing mate, more to the Trophy than the nice dampers.

I would love to but i can't really afford it at the mo, like I said it was just an idea for the future, thou I really want an elise/exige as my next car would love a caterham but they are a bit too impractical!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
The are much cheaper options that will cope with road/track and will make it handle as good as a trophy.

For instance, eibach proline springs with Koin adjustable dampers.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
You do know Sachs dampeners are about a grand each eh?

:lolup:

Utter rubbish....someone get the part number for a sachs damper off a trophy and prove this idiot wrong...:rasp:

Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a long while....

182 Cup
I would imagine that the H&R's would offer a level of adjustablity that would enable you to get a similar set up to the standard Trophy one. If you want it to be comfortable on the road just choose the right spring rate - for coilovers the choice is virtually unlimited.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
You do know Sachs dampeners are about a grand each eh?

Utter rubbish....someone get the part number for a sachs damper off a trophy and prove this idiot wrong...:rasp:

Are you taking the piss? They're £1400 each.... instead of dealing with assumptions (and you're worng) deal with facts... you won't look as stupid then. :rasp: :quiet:

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

Are you taking the piss? They're £1400 each.... instead of dealing with assumptions (and you're worng) deal with facts... you won't look as stupid then. :rasp: :quiet:

Think its you who is about to look stupid / look like an idiot!

£1400 you say each damper.....what a laugh! ROTFPMSL

Do you think you're driving a Ferrari or something?

Try £432 for a front damper (the part made by Sachs which everyone goes on about like its something special...)

Trophy upgrade kit
Part no. 60 00 07 890, Price €1200 (£832) before tax

Trophy Front Damper
Part no 82 00 514 733, Price €623 (£432) before tax.

That price is from France though, I.e your gonna have to go and get them.

Try phoning a British dealer and finding how much they cost.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Laughing boy (Cue) above thinks one damper is £1400.....!!! If C(ue)arlsberg made Sachs dampers they'd probably the most expensive dampers in the world....Still LMFAO....

They are £432 from Renault Sport in Dieppe.....

I'm fairly confident that Renault UK do not mark them up by nearly 400%.....

H&Rs cost approx £800 depending on model. Thats what they are for the 197

KWs also very good cost from £800 to £1500 for the V3s....

Sachs? What a waste of time. Biggest marketing whoo ha ever.....

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
Laughing boy (Cue) above thinks one damper is £1400.....!!! If C(ue)arlsberg made Sachs dampers they'd probably the most expensive dampers in the world....Still LMFAO....

H&Rs cost approx £800 depending on model. Thats what they are for the 197

KWs also very good cost from £800 to £1500 for the V3s....

lol, just lol

Sachs are amongst the best out there...

I think someone on this board has already contacted Renault recently for some warrenty work as was told that the shocks weren't covered by warrenty and was told that each shock would be £1200. Not sure if that included VAT, but if it didn't that would push it up to £1400. You want the best, you have to be prepared to pay for it!

Last edited:
  VaVa
You already have a lighter, faster and better looking car. Just buy some decent aftermarket suspension and get it set up properly imho.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
was told that the shocks weren't covered by warrenty and was told that each shock would be £1200.

PMSL....

You want the best buy a Trophy but the suspension isn't covered under warranty....

Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a long time....

Nice move renault....:approve:

I'll stick with H&R or KW thanks....

I don't know the circumstances as to why they wern't coverd and those are Renault UK prices. The irony is that you also have a Renault with the same level of warrenty! You have a strange sence of humour if that makes you p1ss yourself! :rolleyes:

No one is telling you to buy Sachs!! so you're welcome to stick to H&R and KW if it floats your boat.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

Think its you who is about to look stupid / look like an idiot!

£1400 you say each damper.....what a laugh! ROTFPMSL

Do you think you're driving a Ferrari or something?

Try £432 for a front damper (the part made by Sachs which everyone goes on about like its something special...)

Trophy upgrade kit
Part no. 60 00 07 890, Price €1200 (£832) before tax

Trophy Front Damper
Part no 82 00 514 733, Price €623 (£432) before tax.

you my son are one of these people who don't seem to listen to advice.... as Nik states... this may be available soon... unluckily it was never made available, Sachs will not officially sell these units - you need to purchase them from Renault - phone Renault tomorrow and discover for your self that you're wrong.....

In fact lets lay a bet - i enjoy taking easy money. Not only do you not know fact - you base opinions on other peoples hearsay... :lolup:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

http://www.zf.com/s/content/en/impo...chs-Technologie_in_Rallye-WM_erfolgreich.html

http://www.zf.com/s/content/en/impo...icial_Supplier_des_BMW_Sauber_F1_Teams_1.html

I personally like this bit of false marketing from the official ZF Sachs site... obviously it's all lies Tim(e) ?

Of course the Official line from BMW F1 team is that they run Sachs Dampers on their race cars... maybe they should employ you as damping technition as they obviously don't know that their choice of partners is only based on marketing.....

:quiet:

"Many of the best teams in Formula 1 already rely on ZF Sachs as a competent partner. From 2007 on the technology company based in Schweinfurt becomes "Official Supplier" of the BMW Sauber F1 Team, which is already equipped with progressive rotational damping technology since the 2006 season."

Walter Erke is obviously doing his job well to be promoting a substandard product that not only fools most of the F1 teams, but also Renaultsport.

Im sooo glad you've dispelled the marketing ploy with your factual reason for stating that it's all a "waste of time. Biggest marketing whoo ha ever."

oh wait, where's the fact on that answer.... oh dear me it's all based on the bollox you've either read about on here on some other internet site or from your extensive motorsport experience.... perhaps you could enlighten us all as to how many damper comibinations you've gone through in you're driving career.

OR wait are you basing your OPINIONS on nothing more than other's posts.... maybe you even run H&R coilovers... have you compared them to Sachs units on the same car - how many miles did you cover? did you take the car on the same road...

Pray tell, did you even find that the sachs units needed refurbing early... perhaps you could tell all us uninformed trophy owners, how many miles will are Dampers last? Are the even servicable or is that all or is that a marketing ploy.. maybe race derived dampers should be throw away item... At least using your facts the £300+ I was quoted for just refurbs only last month means i may as well just buy some cheap (by comparision) brand new replacements.

lmao, i could go on but i've wasted enough of my time on someone who can't produce ONE of their own facts.

Last edited: