ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Given Up Again

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well tonight the trophy has once again went and spilled its guts.

The story starts around a year ago when i got my Yozza sport exhaust sorted. It used to sit miles at the back of the bumper so took it through to a mate who makes exhausts and does off shore wielding also.
Before he touched anything he said to me "Look at this brake pipe" i had a look and when someone has either been taking the old 182 exhaust off or fitting the new exhaust which at the time was the yozza they have managed to take a chunk out the brake pipe that runs along the rear beam with an angle grander.
At the time i told him that it would be fine and to leave it, He strongly advised that i get it fixed ASAP.

So tonight after around a year i was giving the trophy some large stick playing with a Toyota Celica 2013 TT and a JDM honda civic. After passing the honda and then beating the toyota celica on the round about coming up to the next round about i s**t myself when my left foot went right to the floor and smoke pouring from the back.

Needless to say my handbrake was used and is now up at the roof as i had no way of stopping.

IMG_0120.gif

Checked the pipe online and its only £24+vat (Item No 17)

ScreenShot2013-12-11at215808.gif

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
No offence mate but your a blatant bellend if you knew there was a problem with a brake line and didnt fix it IMMEDIATELY. Derrrrrrrr....!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Scary stuff, your lucky it never ended worse.

I know, I have never had brakes fail on me and tonight was the first and "WILL" be the last.

No offence mate but your a blatant bellend if you knew there was a problem with a brake line and didnt fix it IMMEDIATELY. Derrrrrrrr....!!

As i said before to someone else i had totally forgot about it until tonight and thats the honest truth. 9 times out of 10 if my car needs someone it gets it and its almost always Renault OE parts.
It never even crossed my mind until i lost my brakes and i thought "Oh Sh*t" that pipe.

clio 182 cup
forget the clio, put a pic up of the rs turbo in the background of your main pic lol i have one that i just sold but getting a series 1

RB 182 FF
To be fair it is silly to forget about something as serious as a severed brake pipe, but you survived the scare and no one was hurt so at least you've learnt the easier way! Also racing is stupid but that's another matter! :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It's NOT parking warz LOL

I have now ordered the pipe and it will be here tomorrow morning along with some DOT5.1 brake fluid.

azza it's not a public site that I use, it's a Renault site with user name and password.

182xup05 just search RS turbo on the forum and you will come across a few topics with pictures.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Re: I decided not to fix a split brake pipe and am blaming the car for trying to kill

lolz at it failing while racing, could of been a lot worse. Lucky really.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Re: I decided not to fix a split brake pipe and am blaming the car for trying to kill

lol @ the subject title tbh

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Why was the brake line not fixed out of interest? You spent all that time taking petty photos of someone not parking straight yet you couldn't find time to get this fixed? No sympathy tbh, you are very lucky it didn't end badly for you and others.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

You plank.

Haha nice thread title edit ;)

Can't believe you can forget about a severed brake line! If you didn't know about it then fair enough.

What an absolute fuckwit.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Love the thredit™.

Like others, not quite sure how you didn't see that as urgent.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Impressively bad. Like seriously.

Nothing bad may have happened but how would you have felt if this was a zebra crossing with someone walking across?

Absolutely, totally and utterly insane you still drove it. I think you and common sense need to have a word.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

I know it was stupid to carry on driving it but as I ain't been using it as an everyday car and using it now and then the pipe went clearly out my head. If I had not forgotten about it would have been bought and done at the same time my calipers , discs and pads where done.
As for racing lets not all say we ain't done it. There is enough knobs that are on the forum that clearly go over the speed limit, race or just drive like tools.

As I say it was was stupid of me but I honestly forgot all about otherwise it would have been done a long time ago.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

This thread isn't going to end well, probably best keeping something like this to yourself lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

Why? I'm honest about making a c**t of it and not fixing a major problem, I have no issues stating that I was a **** and I should have sorted this but as I said I clearly forgot all about it.

unlike a lot of people I can put my hands up and say it was me

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

That's fine, it's good you know you were a plum, but honestly with brakes, anything broken that you ever notice, just don't drive it full stop until it's sorted. Even if that means putting a post-it on the steering wheel.

It's really not worth it.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

And I now fully understand the above and trust me it's getting out into the garage for a full check of the breaking system.
its not like I'm driving about with no insurance in a old banger with parts hanging off it and no sills.

as I say I admit I was a arse hole and that I should have done it and it's not like me not to do anything that needs done.

Inferno 182 & Saxo

could have replaced that at the time if you had a bit of copper brake pipe and some fittings handy. Dont leave stuff to chance with brakes ever tbh

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

As for racing lets not all say we ain't done it. There is enough knobs that are on the forum that clearly go over the speed limit, race or just drive like tools.

Don't you know people buy Renault sports just to potter around in on here lolz.

I miss giving mine death constantly every day, suppose thats why it dropped a valve at high speed ha!

RX7 FD

Satchel award to MarcR.

To be honest I am glad its not a RIP thread. So don't be a wally again :)

Don't you know people buy Renault sports just to potter around in on here lolz.

I miss giving mine death constantly every day, suppose thats why it dropped a valve at high speed ha!

you say that like they aren't bought as daily hacks... I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bought one just for that purpose.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Did I read this correct? I think that's worrying.

Also, when is its MOT due? Was this not picked up at MOT time?

Least everyone is safe and nothing serious happened or injured someone, or yourself.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

you say that like they aren't bought as daily hacks... I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bought one just for that purpose.

It was more a dig at the people who claim to drive like miss daisy everywhere and speeding harms children bla bla etc.