ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Sachs Protection.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
After months of testing and looking for something i have found the best thing to protect my front sachs dampers.

I have used non adhesive, water tight/proof, air tight silicone tape and its truly amazing on how good this stuff is.
I have managed to get my hands on 7 rolls of the stuff to change it every year and also put on my spare set.

Going to be sending a couple of rolls to @TonkaTruck so he can test this stuff also.

IMG_0058_2.jpg

IMG_0059_2.jpg

IMG_0065_2.jpg

IMG_0064_2.jpg

IMG_0069_2.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You my friend are uniquely OCD in a good way.

Have you seen how bad these can rot with salt and road grim ?
I have seen at least 2 dampers that needed wielded as they snapped due to the elements and the metal rotting away
With spending near on £1K on a refurb i think £45 is a small price to pay :up:

Clio Trophy
Great job, when mine are due a refurb, might look into getting some, see the sell it on ebay

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Great job, when mine are due a refurb, might look into getting some, see the sell it on ebay

@Mikeyjp
I never bought mine from Ebay, I actually got it from a friend who used it years ago on a pipe that broke under his sink.
I have tried and tested this stuff in the shower and sealed a few items and it works a treat.
I have a mixture of black and red tape and the best thing about this is its non adhesive so there is no stickiness at all and no mess.

Its truly magic

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As well as using the tape i have now got this clear stone chip stuff to protect the stickers.

I have around 2 meters of the stuff.

Sticker%20Seal%2001.jpg

Sticker%20Seal%2002.jpg

Sticker%20Seal%2003.jpg

Sticker%20Seal%2004.jpg

Reactions: Gus

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Stuff to protect stickers?!?! Isn't that a bit OTT? May aswell just stick the car in a bubble in a barn somewhere.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Marc,

If you are able to spare both some of that black tape and the clear film to protect the stickers, then I wouldn't mind some for my dampers please before I fit them to the car in a few weeks' time.

PM me if you can sort me out and let me know how much?

Ash

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Ash J

Yeah i have loads of it so will sort something out.
Im already sending some items to a friend