ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Track Rat Beginneth

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
If you haven’t yet sorted replacement boot struts then check out the cliotrophy forum as there’s a thread devoted to the subject, including links to various items including Bilstein, Magnetti Marelli, SGS, all of which do the proper job - of holding the boot lid in a position where you’re almost guaranteed it will come into contact with your head ;)

Turbos.
Found it, thanks!

Don't suppose anyone knows the correct part number for the PH1 stalk I would need for the horn?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can get them cheap on ebay. Just search for clio stalk and newest listings and have a scroll. I Just paid £10 for one on ebay over the usual £25 on here.

Turbos.
Bit of an update as a year has gone very quickly!

The car now has most of the things discussed: the Sabelt steering wheel, custom Bilsteins by Pure Motorsport (with top mounts) and a half cage fitted by Mark Fish Motorsport. I've not been too precious with it, but I ordered a spare set of wheels so I could keep the original kerbed ones for track. It's had the odd detail and a few bits off eBay as a bit of a rolling restoration, but I have resisted anything further.

It took until yesterday to get it back on track though - it's been 7 months of coping with hard suspension on the road before I got to experience the car at Goodwood. Worth it though, as the car was fantastic! It was adjustable without being lairy, and just took the abuse all day long. I'd like to think I'm a decent driver, but even I was surprised to be going go quickly given what was circling with me.

I didn't take many pictures but here's what I got:

I'm pretty much done with the car now. It's now done over 120,000 miles on the original engine and 'box so I was waiting for something to break, but it hasn't yet! If the latter does go though, I will definitely get a diff. I was in my mate's R26R Megane and I was disappointed to find it put down far more power better than the Trophy. Other than, I'll only do things that will help the reliability of the car. Any tips on that welcome!

I'll shortly arrange to take it back to Two Techs for a health check, oil change, new battery (was hilarious overtaking a 458 Speciale then in the next session I needed a bump start down the pitlane!) and a side indicator cover as it's popped off for the second time.

www.instagram.com/rob__fenn