ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy/V6 Boot Struts

Clio 182 FF
Currently I've got genuine Renault Trophy/V6 boot struts... but unfortunately as they're 12 years old they're going soft so struggle to hold it open and I've had the boot gently come down on me whilst loading before!

I asked Wests Renault for a quote, but unfortunately they want £206.26 each (part 6020014070), so funnily enough I'm not paying £400!

I guess I can't be the only person to be find the Renault parts cost ridiculous... so what do people buy instead?

Cheers!

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
There's a couple of threads on the V6 owners club about them, Dave beat me to it with the SGS link

R56 JCW
aha true, I've noticed Renault parts, from Renault are stupidly priced, backed up by quality? I don't think so. Even though I've only ever owned Renaults haha. Either way, will invest in these struts as mine are a bit worse for wear after 9 hard years of use!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'll bookmark that link, could do with 2 for mine as I'm using normal 182 ones with a trophy spoiler fitted and it just touches the brake light.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mine work in the summer but the cold weather is enough to drop the pressure and create a boot lid guillotine :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I use jaguar xtype bonnet struts for mine, they work great and give more lift than the BMW/Clio lifters. I'd recommend them over any others

Clio 182 FF
Bump with an FYI anyone finding this thread in a search: I have now seen both the SGS BMW part and also on SGS the part for the Clio Trophy.

The BMW part comes with pin type fittings, whereas the Trophy part comes with band type fittings. The BMW pin fittings can be made to fit (brute force), but the Trophy band fittings are a million times easier to fit and are what your worn-out original Renault parts used.
Both are the correct length.
However the BMW part has 350N of gas pressure, and the Trophy part is slightly less with 340N of gas pressure.

What you ideally want is to contact SGS and see if they'll do the Trophy part but put in more gas pressure.