ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble reseating airbag after steering wheel swap

FF Arctic Blue 182
Swapped my wheel with a less melted 172 one, refitted cruise buttons etc everything went ok, although I can't get the airbag to reseat properly. The right side clips back in but the left won't, it does sit slightly closer to the left of the wheel, anyone else had this trouble?

BMW 320d SE
Removed and refitted my airbag/wheel the other day. I didn't have this problem. Have you tried removing the airbag and checking all the wiring is seated properly first, then click the left side of the airbag in before the right?

FF Arctic Blue 182
Hi mate,
Cheers for the suggestion, it looks like it was the metal at the back of the wheel which the airbag clips on to being slightly out of line. I couldn't even re-seat the airbag with the wheel back off the car and no wires in the way.