ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble with N95 8gb

172 Silver Cup
When I first got my phone last spring I was having trouble with it but then through the summer it was fine, now starting to get trouble with it again. It freezes and then restarts itself and sometimes comes up Insert Sim. I was told I may need a new sim card as mine is at least a couple of years old and was told the new ones are slightly bigger. Anyone had the same trouble and fixed it? I havent ordered a new sim yet as its £17.50. I am on 3 network. Anyone help??

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
have you done a firmware update?

are you makning sure you put the simcard in correctly (straight)

are you making sure the metal clip is being secrued over the simcard?

172 Silver Cup
Sim goes in and is snug, its a lil smaller so it may move round a bit (which isnt good) Where do I get firmware update? Will I loose all my 3 bits??

172 Silver Cup
Yeh me thinking that too, would get a Iphone but no picture messaging or bluetooth transfer, whats that all about??!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
put a bit of card behind the simcard so when you use the metal clip its firmer.

download nokia pc suite and you can update the firmware of the phone.

you will loose all data from the phone so back up first

1998 BMW e46 323i
I really like them, I've never had a major prob that a reset/update didn't fix. The build quality is shocking tho!

P.S. Debrand by overwriting your product code (specific to network/carrier) with a generic one and then do an update. Or just buy a new SIM.