ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRS tow strap bolt and fitting?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I'm aware it's M16 size bolt I need for these, any one know the size the bolt has to be?

Also on a ph2, I'm guessing the bumper needs to be removed to fit this, and does the tow hole in the grille need widening at all?

AGH the sl*g
50mm bolt and no no bumper removal or widening of the grill needed, youll find that size bolt is a standard tow hitch bolt ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah i've read up that it's an M16 bolt needed as it's the same as the standard toe eye thread.

Stupid quesion - how does the bracket go through the grille as it's too wide, without going outside to look, can you put your hand up the back of the bumper and do it that way?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
LOL. This i going to be fun when I come to open that hole out!

Something silly like 3mm i think too!

Bumper as i thought, must be easier doing it that way.

Just need the length of the bolt now.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
LOL. This i going to be fun when I come to open that hole out!

Something silly like 3mm i think too!

Bumper as i thought, must be easier doing it that way.

Just need the length of the bolt now.

These seem like a pain in the arse lol but look good IMO :)

Clio 172
They are a c**t to drill out. I did mine without removing bumper. Hole in grille needs widening though to get a flush fit. Mines on a 50mm M16 bolt and its fine

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Something like a hacksaw to cut the grille I presume, must be careful not to make a mess!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I got one of these the other day and got my builder to try drilling it out for me.... but it F****D his drill bit before it even took off 1MM. Think im gonna have to find a blacksmiths that can drill it out for me, unless you guys have another more cunning idea?? lol

AGH the sl*g
I got a circular file placed bracket in vice and went for gold, took about 10 minutes but did the trick much easier then messing about drilling.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
LOL. I'm gonna give the drill a go first on the strap. Doing it this weekend so should be fun :(

PH1 172
I got a circular file placed bracket in vice and went for gold, took about 10 minutes but did the trick much easier then messing about drilling.

As you have a ph1 how did you adjust the hole in the bumper to allow the tow strap to come through? Did you cut a bigger opening and if you have pics of how it looks now please share :)