ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Try priming fuel pump

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi Just been out to put half a tank of optimax in the 172....before starting the car up again, i turned the ignition onto position 1 so the fuel pump could be heard wurring away...switched it off and then back to the 1 position for the fuel pump second time...then started. her up.....maybe the performance felt better...maybe it was because i had added more optimax...maybe it was in my mind....has anyone else tried this?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Nope. But do you find Optimax better than normal unleaded? Is it worth the extra pennys per litre?

Will try priming on Sunday when I fill up.

Quote: Originally posted by cliocup on 17 July 2003

its all in the mind.........
Your wrong cliocup. If i wear my lucky pants i get 4 BHP extra out of my Williams. And sometimes if i dont stand on the cracks in the pavement i can fly to the moon in it.

Alfa Mito 155TB

si172....i find normal unleaded makes the car noisey when reved...it also seems to labour and loose power....but with optimax it seems to roar more and the power is definately there, its great cruising at 90mph on the motorway you can put your foot down and go...this weekend i am doing 300 miles down to britol and will be running it on optimax all the way from a ful tank...should clear out any carbon :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I think Ill give it a go then.

Where are you travelling from? I have to go to Bristol as well!!! hehe!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

SI172.....optimax makes the car less noisey than unleaded...and unleaded feels as if the power has dropped off..

Just think if you come across a cup running unleaded and you have superunleaded....you could be a better driver and beat the cup...i have beat a few and the optimax would give you the extra edge :)