ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to remove a Parrot MKi kit. Need to take off some of the dash/center console

182 Trophy #196
Hi,

I've got to remove my parrot kit to send back to repair. I've removed bits and pieces on other cars so am capable.

But I'm just look for anyone to tell me which bits I need to take off and how? Pictures are below.
IMG_0202.gif

It's runs to the left behind the silver panel to the steeringwheel

IMG_0203.gif

The it runs down to a blue box in the center console.

Then it runs over the the glovebox with usb, ipod etc connections
IMG_0204.gif

So my question is, where do I start? Shall I remove the top of the dash, how do I actually remove the center console around the gearstick etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: Trying to remove a Parrot MKi kit. Need to take off some of the dash/center conso

Pull the silver strip off.
Pull the ash tray out.
Pull the stereo out.

The leads will be pushed in behind, so just wiggle stuff around & it come out.

No screws/bolts holding renault interiors together lol

182 Trophy #196
Re: Trying to remove a Parrot MKi kit. Need to take off some of the dash/center conso

Thanks for the Reply Dave. It's all working as you said apart from trying to source when the screen goes. I know it goes under the steering wheel and ends up behind the stereo but there is not enough free movement to get it loose and pull through. Have tried to picture here:
IMG_0205.gif

How am I supposed to get behind there? Do I have to take out the whole top of the dash and the clocks to get to it?

Thanks again.

Clio

I don't think any installer would have taken the dash off to install this.
Not sure where that cable in the picture is going but i would suggest you get a torch and have a look up behind the dash if not undo the screws securing the steering column.