ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning advice - take it to Renault or buy an RS Tuner ?

Its been a good several years I suspect since my 182 has been 'plugged in' and given a proper tune or system check by a Renault service centre.

Is there much likely to be gained from this, or would I be better off putting the money towards an RS Tuner and doing it myself along with the advantages of a slighty tweaked tune the RS Tuner would give me ?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The RS Tuner is a good bit of kit for a relatively cheap price if you get one second hand.

The generic remap worker well on my 182

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah u can only get the Ron 98 or overrun pops and bangs. Well worth it, overall drivebility improves dramatically. Smooths out power band etc.

Or summer for those of us who live on the other side of the world ;-)

I am coming to the UK for 3 weeks work in November so maybe I can pick a 2nd hand one up when I am over there. They seem to sell pretty quickly though.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just put the 98ron map on mine, altho I was nervous updating the ECU software, its pretty simple, and I would recommend it, well well worth the money...

Willo