ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning tips for clio williams

clio williams 2
i bought a clio williams2 last weekend and im just trying to find out what is the best way to go. any ideas? :D
and i have a friend at work with a 106 gti that says his car would leave me behind is this true

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
106gti will be close. The Willy really isn't that fast. it wins in the corners tho!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i thought the mk1 clios were "twitchy" ali? or is that just compared to the mk2?

i thought the mk1 clios were "twitchy" ali? or is that just compared to the mk2?

A bit more alive yes.

i bought a clio williams2 last weekend and im just trying to find out what is the best way to go. any ideas? :D
and i have a friend at work with a 106 gti that says his car would leave me behind is this true

Best way to to check the compression on the engine and then go from there might be best off rebuilding the engine or if its good a set of cams and custom remap exhaust etc.
A 106 is quick but when the speeds build up its lack of Hp starts to be an issue.
Thing is you find both quick 102/s and quick WIlliams so the difference can be just down to a godo car /launch etc.

cams and a remap are the best single mods to do to totally change the the performance and feel of your car, it really brings them alive.

Ben, I've just been told by a tuning company that these ecu's can't be remapped and need to be chipped.

Is this true?

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
yes. williams ecu's need the standard chip removing and a rewritable one fitting.

yes. williams ecu's need the standard chip removing and a rewritable one fitting.

Do you know of anyone near the south west that can do this?

is it expensive? spoke to superchips about it once and it sounded like it was going to get silly as you're looking at paying an hourly rate at a rolling road. Obviously if you do it this way then you need someone who knows what they're doing and will get the job done quickly.

or am i getting this wrong?

don't think I'm off topic yet am I? :)

106gti will be close. The Willy really isn't that fast. it wins in the corners tho!

no it wont, not unless the williams is broke, 106gti is more 172 territory which as anyone who has half a clue knows are slower than the williams 90% of the time.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
williams would win, i went pod on sunday and there was a 106 gti next to me. was having a chat with him and he said his best time was 14.9 he had cams remap, manifold, half stripped, asked what times i was running and i said 14.5 (same mods), then said he did'nt want to go against me so i let him in front. he then blew up his gearbox on the strip leaving oil all over the place.