ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 182, where to go next?

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’m looking for opinions on where to go next with my low boost 182, today it’s done the gearbox again (was rebuilt 2 years 5 track days ago) it’s built with a gripper diff, and I really don’t want to spend another £1k on it, plus the time pulling it out etc
So that leads me to the question where next?
O2M swap? They feel crap and it puts me off
NDO swap? Would need an engine build and chassis leg notch custom shafts?
K20 swap? Very spendy but would love the scratch the vtec itch.
I really love the car, I don’t mind spending money on it if it’s worthwhile, and i’ll be able to do most things especially in the next couple of months when I’m in a unit with my own ramp.
Just wondering 1) what other people would do and 2) if anyone has any first hand experience of the above!
Cheers
IMG_1972.jpeg

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I’ve always said that between the two EP3’s i had and the 8 RS Clio’s i owned the best combination of the chassis of the Mk2/3 Clio and the brilliance of the K20 is the ultimate hot hatch. They can make 250bhp and still retain the reliability of n/a.

I would k20 it. It’ll be an expensive outing but its probably the most reliable inline 4 cylinder available.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’m glad others think a k20 is the way to go as well! I have no timeline so it could take a year if needed, as long as when I drive it hard it’s reliable when it’s done.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I’m glad others think a k20 is the way to go as well! I have no timeline so it could take a year if needed, as long as when I drive it hard it’s reliable when it’s done.

I’d imagine as its been done a few times now you’ll have plenty of folk to lean on with it. I’m sure i seen the figure of 7-8k banded about fully converted which for the car you would have is pretty good!

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’d imagine as its been done a few times now you’ll have plenty of folk to lean on with it. I’m sure i seen the figure of 7-8k banded about fully converted which for the car you would have is pretty good!
Definitely, my car handles brilliantly now but is just let down by the slightly flaky drive train so with a Honda I think it would be fantastic.
What gearbox does a kswap use, ep3?