ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo 4 172 cup

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
hi all, how was the french car show? soz i couldn't make it.
just wanted some advice, i've had me cup 4 about 2 months now and i love it 2 bits :D but i'm trinking about the turbo kit from k-tec 2 boost the torque and bhp,i
know it will cost about 6k (a lot of money).i was wondering if any1 out there has had the kit done and could give me an insite in2 what its like and how reliable my car will b afterwards.cause its a lot of money if my car blows up after 2 mins of havin the kit fitted. thanx al foxon

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The venga bus is comin and everybodies jumpin
its an intercity disco, new york to san fransisco

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MATT BLACK said:

The Vengabus is coming
And everybody's jumping
New York to San Fransisco
An intercity disco
The wheels of steel are turning
And traffic lights are burning
So if you like to party
Get on and move your body

Are the lyrics's you trout.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
iv done around 8000miles in my 172turbo so far and the engines going fine! the rest of the cars slowley falling apart though! need new engine mount for starters and soon new gearbox me thinks lol!!!!!! i think there is some guy called mark fish hes doing a supercharger kit i think! around 250bhp .mines 260ish atm but once i get the box sported im going back to bbpt for more! i wand n2o and water injection.and for a bit more cooling a small oilcooler.

M135i, 118 coupe
stevo172-250 said:
iv done around 8000miles in my 172turbo so far and the engines going fine! the rest of the cars slowley falling apart though! need new engine mount for starters and soon new gearbox me thinks lol!!!!!! i think there is some guy called mark fish hes doing a supercharger kit i think! around 250bhp .mines 260ish atm but once i get the box sported im going back to bbpt for more! i wand n2o and water injection.and for a bit more cooling a small oilcooler.

supercharger kit?? can anyone shed any light on this

-172 Cup Turbo-
Had my motor on the road for around 4 months now, covered 2500 miles.
Hasn't missed a beat, cracking fun to drive!!!:D

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
MATT BLACK said:

The wheels of steel are turning, and traffic lights and buring, so if you like to party, get on and move ya body!!!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Ali said:
The Vengabus is coming
And everybody's jumping
An intercity disco
So if you like to party

Opps I didn't see them, I remember the lyrics from memory anyhow. I loved the Vengaboys those few years ago....

MKIII 138
CUP TURBO said:
Had my motor on the road for around 4 months now, covered 2500 miles.
Hasn't missed a beat, cracking fun to drive!!!:D

you have a Cup thats turbo`d ?!? madness there silly enough anyway for the size of the thing

pics please

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ Lol...

Sell the Cup, and with the 6k you would spend on the turbo, get a 225 and tune that!

Tyson.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ali said:
The Vengabus is coming
And everybody's jumping
An intercity disco
So if you like to party

Trust you to know the words you homo - bet you have spice girls plastered all over your bedroom wall as well

-172 Cup Turbo-
225 weighs a fair bit more, and to get the equivilant power to weight ratio you got to change out a fair few parts, larger turbo, injectors, pistons, rods, remap etc. plus it didn't cost me 6K.

CUP TURBO said:
225 weighs a fair bit more, and to get the equivilant power to weight ratio you got to change out a fair few parts, larger turbo, injectors, pistons, rods, remap etc. plus it didn't cost me 6K.

how much did u pay ...............sorry me cheeky :cool:

-172 Cup Turbo-
If your prepared to get your hands dirty and get stuck in you could save yourself a fair few quid, the expensive parts are the forged rods and pistons, turbo and ECU, here's a pic
CIMG0493.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
I whant the k-tec turbo kit, but if I had 6k I would sell my clio 182 cup and get a mk 2 face lift clio v6 in black

CUP TURBO said:
If your prepared to get your hands dirty and get stuck in you could save yourself a fair few quid, the expensive parts are the forged rods and pistons, turbo and ECU, here's a pic
CIMG0493.jpg

looks a tidy install

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Is your camera broken Steve? if not go and take a couple or make the other one bigger.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
i would take more pis but im affraid im not at home atm! will do soon!:) this is wat it should look like! without the green:)

Last edited:
  -172 Cup Turbo-
stevo172-250 said:
id like to alot more about your turbo conversion mate

From what i gather after having a nose round BB's cars at the FCS there pretty similar conversions, the main difference being the coolers.

-172 Cup Turbo-
Without strapping it down on the rollers i wouldn't like to say. Hopefully within the next couple of months i will find out.