ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo conversion..

Clio 1.4rt
Hi im new on here i got a clio 1.4rt mk1 pahse 3 i posted pics ages ago.... does any one know if ny one on here has done or had a turbo conversion either a r5gtt engine, and i have been told a volvo 440 turb fits is this true and how much work is needed?

i got williams front brakes and a rsi rear bems to go on soon.... just wondering how much work a turbo conversion is?

Thanks
Dave

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Malice, had a volvo turbo in his clio (volvo boy), went very well indeed, however he now has a 200sx and has passed on from clio ownership!

r5gtt engine will fit straight in with little probs! just make sure its looked afterwell, otherwise POP POP and POP again!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i'll try sum up a few points that might be relevent but might not depending on what your cars spec is..

Steering..
i had PAS on my valver so it had to go and i had to fit a non PAS rack from a Clio RN or something.. i also have to change the bottom section of my steering column to reach the new rack...

Brakes..
i had ABS so have to rip it all out. i cut up the lines and fitted some T pieces after bending the lines into position. it looks like a 4 year old did it but the breaks are solid and it got throught the old MOT.. brakes are better than my GT turbo:cool:

Engine
it will go in but you should get rid of the gearbox mount and use the GTT's gearbox mount by drilling a hole into the subframe. get some new engine mounts as the old ones will be w**k, i got some Pearl diesel mount as there stiffer than gtt ones.;)
i made a real pigs ar5e of getting the wiring done but its really easy and some help from some people of the RTOC and i had it going..

some things that you need to think about are the header location, intercooler location, swirl pot location, fuel pressure regulator location etc.. i had all sorts of ideas but you just dont have the room and its all jammed in. a gtt exhaust WILL not fit unless you have a Sidey or extend the gtt a few inches.. use the clios gearbox so you can use the speedo and steer clear of the gtt drive shafts as there to short.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/gurnachild/clio%20turbo/?start=20

that my photo bucket so you can see some pics.. i've scrapped the front mount idea for now and that was the first fitment of the engine and running in efforts.. im now going into stage 2 which is getting it looking class.. i just can't be bothered tho:eek:

Corsa Van. Meh.
Heres my old clio with R5 GTT lump....

ashleed006.gif

ashleed003.gif

Torsion Tuning did the conversion for me...and its pretty cheap...

Clio 1.4rt
thaks guys great help, i seen that blue clio on e bay a while back i think... im actaully a mechanic but just trying to gather some advice... ill get some pics up soon, my engines only just done 50000 miles i had it on 36000.... can that be turbo'd?

thanks great help cheers
Dave

Clio 1.4rt
This is my clio.
did look something like this
IM000208.jpg

IM000232.jpg

IM000086.jpg

IM000079.jpg

IM000959.jpg

IM000907.jpg

looks a lil df now thou.
655887b8.jpg

3977f62d.jpg

got a valver bonnet valver wings williams front brakes and rsi rear beam to go on and im searching for a turbo conversion!wat u think?