ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo help

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Rb Clio 182
Just woundering if i turbo my clio 182 with a front mounted intercooler , and boost controller , and a standard meggy turbo

could i run my standard ecu and have it live remapped ? or would i have to buy some other management ? thanks

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Search mate, but yes standard ecu is fine for low boost conversions, best to use a bigger turbo though either gt25r or gt28r and run around 5-7psi

big boost cup
Have a look on the k Tec website for the list of parts. They sell the turbo kit for DIY so will have all the bits needed listed

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Turbo
Oil feed
Oil return
Manifold
Downpipe
Intercooler + pipes
Remap
Spark plugs
Air filter
Oil + filter (sump needs to come off)
Injectors

Thats for low boost , some people change their map sensor also...

If theirs anything ive missed please add...

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Turbo
Oil feed
Oil return
Manifold
Downpipe
Intercooler + pipes
Remap
Spark plugs
Air filter
Oil + filter (sump needs to come off)
Injectors

Thats for low boost , some people change their map sensor also...

If theirs anything ive missed please add...

Thanks, I couldn't be bothered, been covered so many times.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I will be going down this route at the end of the year so ive got it all on paper to generate a quick price of it all, i plan on doing it on a budget and doing it myself apart from mapping, the conversion looks pretty simple if im honest :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
It is pretty simple if you know your way around a car, there might be a complete lpt conversion available middle of this year ;)

182 Turbo
I will be going down this route at the end of the year so ive got it all on paper to generate a quick price of it all, i plan on doing it on a budget and doing it myself apart from mapping, the conversion looks pretty simple if im honest :)

I personally would never do a turbo conversion on a budget, such a conversion IMO needs to be done properly or not done at all. Which is exactly why my internals are getting forged in summer, uprated alloy rad, helix clutch, lifters, valve springs arp bolts everything uprated. Otherwise your setting yourself up for a dissapointment when something fails and f***s the entire engine. IMO.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I dont plan on running silly amounts of boost mate, just enough to give it a little over 200bhp, itb's are around 2-3k and give you the same gain so if i can get a gt28r lpt setup and run 4-5 psi and get 210bhp i'll be happy, obviously if your wanting to run more boost then forged is the way to go but why fixed something unless it broke! just my opinion, also if the mapping is good then theirs no reason why a well setup LPT conversion wont last, stock turbo cars dont all run forged pistons and their fine, its all about working out how much you can run on the standard comp ratio and sticking to it, i plan on running a little less just for piece of mind :)

Last edited:
  Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
A budget doesn't also mean on the cheap, you could budget 5k that's you budget, but if your intending on doing a lot of work yourself it will be a hell of a a lot cheaper.

SQ5
Buying parts second hand will help a lot too, so far for a £4500 SC conversion I've paid £2000, all I've gotta do now is fit and get it mapped.

I've saved myself £2000!

182 Turbo
Personally if you want around 200-210bhp ITB's would be so much better off for instance a guy on here was selling k-Tec itbs kit for £1500 fit it yourself and another £300 for mapping you've got it for under 2k and with itb's you have instant throttle response making it accelerate quicker than a 210bhp lpt would, no spool time amazing sound. Would be alot cheaper than a turbo conversion imo. An I'm not trying to be biased as I have a forced induction clio but ITB's would be better in this circumstance

Running costs would be cheaper, insurance won't sting you in the ass as much etc etc etc

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Personally if you want around 200-210bhp ITB's would be so much better off for instance a guy on here was selling k-Tec itbs kit for £1500 fit it yourself and another £300 for mapping you've got it for under 2k and with itb's you have instant throttle response making it accelerate quicker than a 210bhp lpt would, no spool time amazing sound. Would be alot cheaper than a turbo conversion imo. An I'm not trying to be biased as I have a forced induction clio but ITB's would be better in this circumstance

Running costs would be cheaper, insurance won't sting you in the ass as much etc etc etc

Have you drive a turbo 172? Doubt throttle bodies would accelerate quicker.

182 Turbo
Have you drive a turbo 172? Doubt throttle bodies would accelerate quicker.

I drive a 260bhp ph1 turbo as a daily, a 210bhp turbo clio vs a 210bhp ITBs clio would accelerate low rpm quicker due to instant power from the ITBs however the turbo's clio would catch due to the fact it will have more torque but low stuff defiantly ITb's will be better trust me I've driven both

Edit: at the end of the day batesy will do whatever he wants to do but if you souly want those sort of figures and will be happy at it ITB's will be a cheaper option plus there's resale value, Ease of fitting amazing sound reliability etc

Plus, if you do a Lpt conversion for 200-210 you realise it will take u 10 minutes to get bored and want more and more power thats the world of forced induction hence the reason u don't see any 200 break turbo clio's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.