ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo insurance

Titanium ph1 turbo
I'm considering a turbo conversion on my 172... I did a quick quote on a comparison site and was getting £380/year fully comp with the turbo mods declared.. what's other people paying?.. that was with Performance Direct..

For comparison I pay £180/year currently for a standard ph1 172.. (36, 15yrs NCB, 0 points, 0 accidents, low crime postcode)...

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
Both those are good prices, I currently pay £330.00 with greenlight any mods but if I turbo it will go up to more like £500 I have been told.... Will be interesting to see what others pay

I'm considering a turbo conversion on my 172... I did a quick quote on a comparison site and was getting £380/year fully comp with the turbo mods declared.. what's other people paying?.. that was with Performance Direct..

For comparison I pay £180/year currently for a standard ph1 172.. (36, 15yrs NCB, 0 points, 0 accidents, low crime postcode)...
Turbo the 172 and insurance prices are the very least of your worries @MrTom

Ford Mustang 5.0

Id be happy to look at a quote for you. The comparison sites often don't take into account the modifications, i had a client yesterday with a Modified Fiesta ST declared his mods on the comparison site and got a quote from Axa (who don't cover mods).....He called them to go ahead with the price and they said its only available for a standard car.

We offer policies that are BHP rated so you can state a BHP and be covered for unlimited modifications inside that bracket.

If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact details id be happy to run a quote for you...Will take approx 3-5 mins to take your details and generate a price.

Kind Regards
Neil