ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo reconditioners

Evening all.

Turbo is on the way out on my DCi. Need to get it sorted before it does something silly and throws a fin haha.

I'm exploring a few options and wondered if anyone knew any decent/ fairly priced companies able to recondition my current one. (yes ill be off the road a little longer, though is more cash friendly)

Preferably in Kent OR Bristol (over weekends.)

Cheers.

Lionel Richie
loads about! you'll probably find it just as cheap/easy to buy an exchange unit from GSF/Euro easier too!

mixpioneer

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 172
Turbo Technics
www.turbotechnics.com

Used to use them when I had my GTT and could not fault them. Second to none!

Usually do an exchange service, so they send you a recon unit, and you just hand over the old one to the courier

172cup
CR turbo are near me, a friend of mine had his turbo done there and had a number of problem's one was they just spraying his actuator and told him they reconditioned it we found out later that there sealed unit and can't be

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
CR turbo are near me, a friend of mine had his turbo done there and had a number of problem's one was they just spraying his actuator and told him they reconditioned it we found out later that there sealed unit and can't be

Are you sure?!?? CR Turbos use there own actuators. I must of had 20-25 turbos off them this year all with the new type CR Turbos actuator.

Another CR vote here.

172cup
Ask Tremona garage I'm sure we both know who they are and I'll bet you a box of beers they tell you more then a few horror storeys mate

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Sorry, dont believe it, we've been using them for years and its perfect service every time and sure has hell not a case of painting something and claiming to recon it.

I even had one guy with a westfield turbo I helped spec the engine for and mapped for him who had smoking which I could see was cause he installed the oil return wrongly and kinked it, so it killed the seals, I explained to CR exactly what had happened and as it was a quick fix they still did it free under warranty even though I'd admitted it was the guys own fault.