ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo-super cup inlet or new car?

NOTHING
I have been looking into spending a little [ more] money on my 172 cup,in the power department . I have been out in ktecs low pressure turbo car and was impressed also keeping on eye on the much anticipated super cup inlet mannifold, but what i am asking my self is do i just sell the cup and put the 3k or so towards a faster car or spend it on mine? What other cars are about for around 7k that are as much fun but quicker? i dont really like evos or stis , so any other suggestions ?..........

Rusty Cup
ek9 civic type R !!! bout £6000 for a mint version and you get 185bhp from a 1.6 litre engine that revs to around 9k awesome machines i'd love one!!!

also boasts the biggest bhp/litre of any naturally aspirated car ever made.

Oh yea and 0-60 of 5.7 seconds :p

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I have been looking into spending a little [ more] money on my 172 cup,in the power department . I have been out in ktecs low pressure turbo car and was impressed also keeping on eye on the much anticipated super cup inlet mannifold, but what i am asking my self is do i just sell the cup and put the 3k or so towards a faster car or spend it on mine? What other cars are about for around 7k that are as much fun but quicker? i dont really like evos or stis , so any other suggestions ?..........

ITB kit instead. ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You won't get 5.7 out of the ek9, iirc that time was set using one of the super stripped versions, not the standard road car. And they are pretty old. Depends what you want really, meg 225?

NOTHING
i do like the meg but would only want the r26 one as it has the diff so its out of budget really, i dont need a practical car as it will only be used on the weekends.......... but i really do still love the clio !

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
This was the dilema I faced mate, sell the Trophy get maybe 7K and then have to put loads towards getting something significantly quicker.

Or spend 3K and retain the car that I've owned from new, know every thing about and reap the rewards of keeping it in mint condition for all these years.

Throttlebodies whilst they do compare on the price the options once fitted are cams then high comp, which will only push the power further up the rev range and realistically a max of 230 bhp

At least with this turbo kit you could opt for low comp pistons and rods then potentially 300bhp as per the ktec high boost conversion.

Just ask your self what considerably faster performance car could you buy for the sale price of your car plus the 3k you'd spend on a turbo kit?

Depends on what you plan to use it for as well.

I was going to get an Elise/Exige but after crashing my car on my second track day I decided I'd be much happier crashing a clio than a lotus (price wise ;-). I would also hope that if I did crash again and wrote it off I'd be able to transplant all the tuned parts into a new clio. But if I wasn't going to do alot of motor sport (track days/sprints/solos) I would probably get a lotus.

NOTHING
Thanks for everyones input, especially stevieh for the pm and answering my questions, its always nice to hear what someone thinks who has actually had the stuff done, will have to think about it over the next couple of weeks but at the moment the ktec turbo seems pretty good value for money and should make a 172 cup a rapid car!