ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo tekkies, opinions required :)

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Evening, I'm in the process of deciding whether to turbo my Berg 172. I'll be doing all the work myself apart from mapping but have stumbled across this from EFi.. http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=338

What are people's advice and opinions on the product they're offering. It seems pretty good on the write up?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If it's from efi - it'll be good mate. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Scoff is by far one of the best mappers out there, and my first hand experience with him is that he will leave no stone unturned.

Either way, you won't be disappointed mate.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
If it's from efi - it'll be good mate. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Scoff is by far one of the best mappers out there, and my first hand experience with him is that he will leave no stone unturned.

Either way, you won't be disappointed mate.
Great thanks for that.. better start getting my shopping list together then as I'm sure I can half the cost of the kits by sourcing individual items myself.

172 Turbo
Whilst that is a good product, if you ever want more boost you've wasted £350, before buying be certain you are staying low boost

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Great thanks for that.. better start getting my shopping list together then as I'm sure I can half the cost of the kits by sourcing individual items myself.
No problem. You will save yourself a few £'s mate, but you'll struggle to halve the price imo. If you are fitting it yourself, obviously you have no labour charges to pay, but keep yourself open to a drive in drive out service from the likes of engine dynamics.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
No problem. You will save yourself a few £'s mate, but you'll struggle to halve the price imo. If you are fitting it yourself, obviously you have no labour charges to pay, but keep yourself open to a drive in drive out service from the likes of engine dynamics.
Yeah will have a think about too. Thanks for the advice

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Speak to @Dan@SJM about the new plug and play ECU there is a group buy going on that makes it around 650ish iirc and will easily cope with whatever you do to a clio :)